Two wheeled rides?

Cars, planes, boats & movies
svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Two wheeled rides?

Post by svaglic » April 25th 2020, 2:30pm

I had this in Hawaii, it was slooooow and needed constant attention. Looked cool though.

I have a Hyosung now, just something that doesn’t need all the maintenance and I don’t care if I tear it up.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » April 25th 2020, 4:00pm

I wanted something to get me around town, to and from work, and to scout new routes for my bicycling.

The Red Dragon
(paint color is Drogo Rosso)

I even built a bike rack for it:

I rode my vespa to the hardware store and surprise! there were two other vespas there. Their owners chatted with me a bit. The man also owned a Boss Hogg motorcycle but he only rode it on cross country trips. Around town, he preferred the Vespa.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » April 26th 2020, 10:48am

I’m the owner of a crusty BSA 250 single that on its best day had no brakes, but never leaked oil - once it ran empty...

The logistics of getting it here from New Delhi make it impossible... plus, ever since a minor spill many many moons ago Signora Nuvolari will only sign off four-wheels at a time.

But... the idea of bringing this two-wheeled shitbox back home still intrigues me. Like a rusty desert car - once you’re done shooting new holes into, you can help but wonder what it would take to make it roadworthy. You know... where it requires you dump $180,000 into a $11,500 project. It’s hard to get approval for that...

gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » April 26th 2020, 11:56am

I have two bikes, both bought in the US and then imported to Germany, mostly out of sentimental reasons. An '86 Honda 1100 Shadow, which I purchased in 1995 in Deming NM. It is in poor shape, optically. Had sold it to a friend, who neglected it a bit. Bought it back last year and need to register it here in Denmark soon, before investing further. The other is also a Honda, an '83 CB 1000 Custom. Bought in Portland, OR in early spring 2012, rode it down to SF later that Summer, a fantastic trip. At both times, the exchange rates were in my favor, so even incl. shipping and import fees, it was not a totally rotten deal.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » April 26th 2020, 1:06pm

All beautiful machines. Rode dirt bikes as a kid and always thought I would buy a street bike but never got around to it.

Would love to have a Can-Am three wheeler.
"Nobody makes a turd like that and lives!"-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » April 27th 2020, 10:21am

Awesome bikes here. I just checked for pictures or my Shadow, but it seems all I have were taken in the "pre-digital world". I will try find some from the wild days when I was stationed at Fort Bliss.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » April 29th 2020, 10:50am

Nothing exceeds like excess.
Can't post pix anymore - boycotting photo bucket. But my garage currently includes:

Harleys: Street Glide Special, V-Rod, Sportster 48, Breakout
Hondas: VFR 800i, CBR 1000 RR (my retired racer)
Yamaha: R6, R3
Suzuki: GSXR 750
Ducati: 848 Evo Tricolore, 1100 Monster Evo (current racer).
BMW: K1200GT

Yes, I have a disease.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 29th 2020, 10:53am

boscoe wrote:
April 29th 2020, 10:50am
Nothing exceeds like excess.
Can't post pix anymore - boycotting photo bucket. But my garage currently includes:

Harleys: Street Glide Special, V-Rod, Sportster 48, Breakout
Hondas: VFR 800i, CBR 1000 RR (my retired racer)
Yamaha: R6, R3
Ducati: 848 Evo Tricolore, 1100 Monster Evo (current racer).
BMW: K1200GT

Yes, I have a disease.
https://imgur.com Currently free of charge to upload and store photos

My only two wheel rides are on the rack of my P-38 rover which is used for stuff where I can go off road. My other Range Rover is not for off road, too fucking pretty and it Duck Green as well, :mrgreen:

My original brute

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » April 30th 2020, 9:02am

boscoe wrote:
That’s a great one to have in the arsenal. The GSXR 750 was my favorite all-arounder sportbike. Power - but without the weight of a litre bike, so it was easy to manage. A revver like nobody’s business... and, unlike the old GPZs, they weren’t subject to speed-wobbles.

It’s sure as hell no cruiser... laying over the damn tank was not my favorite thing... but that’s one you ride like you mean it! Enjoy!
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » April 30th 2020, 11:10am

Nuvolari wrote:
April 30th 2020, 9:02am
boscoe wrote:
That’s a great one to have in the arsenal. The GSXR 750 was my favorite all-arounder sportbike. Power - but without the weight of a litre bike, so it was easy to manage. A revver like nobody’s business... and, unlike the old GPZs, they weren’t subject to speed-wobbles.

It’s sure as hell no cruiser... laying over the damn tank was not my favorite thing... but that’s one you ride like you mean it! Enjoy!
Crashed my GSXR 600 on the horseshoe at Daytona International Speedway. Fortunately, I survived. Gixxer didn't.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » April 30th 2020, 11:12am

smellody wrote:
April 28th 2020, 6:23pm
I have a 900 Monster:

Had a dark Monster 620 before.
Monster is a killer machine. Light, flickable and great grunt. Very fond of them.
I swapped by 1000SS Dual Spark racer for an 1100 Monster Evo, which is much more light on its feet. I have added a Paul Smart fairing to the Monster. Looks great and heads with wind at triple digits.

Return to “The Drive in”