New ride...

Cars, planes, boats & movies
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

New ride...

Post by biglove » April 24th 2020, 10:44pm

Last Ford I owned was a Mustang back in high school, last truck owned was about 10 years back.

Possibly my last vehicle I will buy.
607FFB37-1ADE-4B69-8BD3-49D015CC1F21.jpeg
E9266D11-F01C-4409-B08A-52426C37DC0E.jpeg
F83659EE-A84C-4655-8009-741A10EB80BB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: New ride...

Post by MAX » April 25th 2020, 2:57am

Ford makes nice trucks.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » April 25th 2020, 10:53am

Some good lookin' wheels, there, BL..a blue bass boat on a trailer would complete the look..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » April 25th 2020, 11:45am

:bvbvbv: Nice truck bl, I would like to purchase the non-crewcab fourdoor version for myself.

I still don't understand why Dealerships need to place their added advertisement on the back of purchased vehicles. This practice doesn't happen in the northwest but is quite common in the south & east.
Suppose nothing a heatgun couldn't cure.

That said, I do like that truck!!

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 25th 2020, 11:56am

That's a good-looking car.

Dunno why pickup trucks haven't gained much of a foothold in Europe, and certainly not in PL. After all, the average countryside Kowalski could definitely use one. The usual "king of the countryside" here is...the VW Passat B5, in the estate version, and with an obligatory 2.0 TDI under the bonnet. Sure, it can transport even an entire family, or a few hundred kilo of potatoes. But a pickup can carry both a family and a few hundred kilo of potatoes.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » April 25th 2020, 8:55pm

Thanks, all. Am really enjoying it.

Didn’t realize that exactly three years ago yesterday I bought the Maxima, now the Ranger.

Ford did the reissue/update to midsize truck right. Is the 2019 Ranger. Can’t beat 0% for 84 months.

Didn’t realize the tagging with dealership stuff was a regional thing, Cod. Hate it and am going to try to get it off.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
labman
Watchlord WIS

Post by labman » April 26th 2020, 11:00am

Congrats - the Ranger is nice mid-size pick, saw it this year at the Cleveland auto show.

I had one back in the early 90's and it really fit the spot of needing a truck but not a full-sized one.

You can take auto badges off in a couple of ways.

Heat the emblem up with a heat gun and slide dental floss or fishing line behind the badge and "floss" it off, clean up the adhesive residue and then use a little polishing compound to remove any "ghosts" the may be left on the clear coat.

Some recommend spraying the badge with WD-40 or De-Solv-it and doing the same this with floss or fishing line.

There are numerous Youtube vids on it.

Good luck on the de-badging and enjoy the new ride. :Thumbsup:

Return to “The Drive in”