Caring for the F-117

Cars, planes, boats & movies
koimaster
Founder

Re: Caring for the F-117

Post by koimaster » April 7th 2020, 4:55pm

bbattle wrote:
April 7th 2020, 4:28pm
Great plane, as were the ones that came before it. I'm willing to bet the maintenance crews of every front line Navy, Air Force, Army, Marine aircraft loved their machines. You're married to it, might as well love it.

At least the maintenance crews would know where the radio is and how many frequencies there are or max operational weights are and so on and so on. :mrgreen:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Nuvolari » April 7th 2020, 6:42pm

And they still burn “regular” jet fuel, so you don’t have to pay for “super”...
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » April 8th 2020, 7:23am

Excellent read BL!
Nuvolari wrote:
April 7th 2020, 6:42pm
To add my two cents though no-one asked..........:
The Airforce burns midgrade (JP-4/NATO F-40) while the Navy has to burn premium (JP-5/NATO F-44) which has a higher flash point due to shipboard operations.

Commercial planes run off regular (JET A & JET A-1/NATO-35).

Only mentioning because they each have different weight per gallon/liter which is important for computing Center of Gravity of the aircraft for loading and maintaining flight.
So important on the Navy front that we also had to notify the ship if we landed onboard with anything other than JP-5 (like if refueled at a commercial airport before trapping on board). The aircraft was spotted away from other planes on the flight deck and had fire equipment staged around it.

Cecil over

conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 8th 2020, 9:48pm

codguy wrote:
April 8th 2020, 7:23am
Excellent read BL!
Nuvolari wrote:
April 7th 2020, 6:42pm
To add my two cents though no-one asked..........:
The Airforce burns midgrade (JP-4/NATO F-40) while the Navy has to burn premium (JP-5/NATO F-44) which has a higher flash point due to shipboard operations.

Commercial planes run off regular (JET A & JET A-1/NATO-35).

Only mentioning because they each have different weight per gallon/liter which is important for computing Center of Gravity of the aircraft for loading and maintaining flight.
So important on the Navy front that we also had to notify the ship if we landed onboard with anything other than JP-5 (like if refueled at a commercial airport before trapping on board). The aircraft was spotted away from other planes on the flight deck and had fire equipment staged around it.

Cecil over
This is almost like a Mort post, only it's true and not bullshit.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye

Return to “The Drive in”