Diesel Brothers Fined $850k

Cars, planes, boats & movies
koimaster
Founder

Diesel Brothers Fined $850k

Post by koimaster » March 11th 2020, 2:00pm

The stars of Discovery Channel's Diesel Brothers television show are being ordered to pay $851,451 for their role in producing and selling modified diesel pickups that wreaked environmental havoc in the state of Utah. David "Heavy D" Sparks, Joshua Stuart, Keaton Hoskins, and Dave Kiley—a.k.a. "Diesel Dave"—were the targets of a case that reached a federal judge after being initiated by Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment.

The judge ruled that the defendants must pay the amount to the United States government and Davis County with additional restitution potentially on the way.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32533/die ... 1AdfODPzcM

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Diesel Brothers Fined $850k

Post by gerdson » March 11th 2020, 10:44pm

Oops.
I put in two plates in in order to blind off the EGR on my Mitsubishi. It is a 2003 model, where this can be still be done without either tampering with the electronics or accepting the engine warning to flash. I did so when working on the intake/exhaust system anyways, had to replace the turbo exhaust flow regulator.
Did a lot of reading up front. It is not unlikely that EGR systems do more evil than good. They help to reduce NOX under certain driving conditions, but lead to a much higher generation of soot instead, and can also cause unburned diesel to get into the engine oil.
I did not yet have issues with the EGR before I did so, but why wait for that. It is cause of constant pain on older engines.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Return to “The Drive in”