The Last Cadillac

Cars, planes, boats & movies
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Last Cadillac

Post by bbattle » March 6th 2020, 4:29am

That guy really needs to FOCUS!

Stream of consciousness freestyle yakking about your uncle Bob's rolling traffic jam just about wore me out.

Cadillac has spent decades trying to shed its stodgy image of making expensive land barges for people stepping up from a Buick. But the Alliante bombed, as did the Cimarron, and the Catera.

No matter how they try, they will never be a Mercedes or BMW. That 1990 Caddy was the last of the 70's behemoths so they were way behind the curve. They are doing better these days but they just aren't the car or truck for me.

Worse, everyone is buying gigantic SUV monster trucks and they can't even park at the Whole Paycheck grocery store anymore so they do all their shopping at the truck stop out on the highway.

I had to drive one of these Cadillacs back from Florida for my uncle and I had zero sense of being on the road. I could've been two feet off the ground; the thing just felt like it was floating; floating somewhere at 90 mph.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » March 6th 2020, 4:31pm

bbattle wrote:
March 6th 2020, 4:29am
That guy really needs to FOCUS!

Stream of consciousness freestyle yakking about your uncle Bob's rolling traffic jam just about wore me out.

Cadillac has spent decades trying to shed its stodgy image of making expensive land barges for people stepping up from a Buick. But the Alliante bombed, as did the Cimarron, and the Catera.

No matter how they try, they will never be a Mercedes or BMW. That 1990 Caddy was the last of the 70's behemoths so they were way behind the curve. They are doing better these days but they just aren't the car or truck for me.

Worse, everyone is buying gigantic SUV monster trucks and they can't even park at the Whole Paycheck grocery store anymore so they do all their shopping at the truck stop out on the highway.

I had to drive one of these Cadillacs back from Florida for my uncle and I had zero sense of being on the road. I could've been two feet off the ground; the thing just felt like it was floating; floating somewhere at 90 mph.

Ah, the Catera. I remember a doctor show on the televidium - it might have been ER, but they introduced a new character named Dr. Lisa Catera. Cadillac was the main sponsor of the show. Their ads during the show encouraged consumers to - wait for it - Lease a Catera. Sly dogs....
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » March 6th 2020, 9:06pm

Calvi-rron & Opel Catera... were indeed ‘turrble’.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » March 6th 2020, 9:13pm

Had a friend’s mom, she was always a bit pretentious, who was SO proud of her Cimarron. Was a complete POS, terrible ride and nothing more than a rebadged Chevy at twice the price. But it was a Cadillac. Waste of metal.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » March 7th 2020, 12:00am

My grandfather was a Caddy man. At thirteen he let me drive his 74 Coupe DeVille. Gramps was a badass in my eyes, and that Caddy absolutely floated down the highway. All was well until Mom found out.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “The Drive in”