Affordable Moon Watch

watches under $1000
User avatar
ocean
Master of Time
Posts: 3212
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Daytona Beach
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by ocean » March 24th 2022, 11:04am

Cod swatch owns Omega so there’s that. Plus a collectible is what the beholder thinks not me or you. I have multiple swatch watches some from the 80’s and 90’s get good money.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33646
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by conjurer » March 24th 2022, 11:26am

Let me add, far be it from me to criticize where a member's dick points him, particularly after buying the Zodiac GMT. But, like Mr. Cod, I don't get it, either.

I understand that Omega is part of Swatch, but right now they're selling the Speedy Moon watch for $6400. I don't see how putting the names on a $300 quartz homage is going to help the brand. It would be like Rolex partnering with Fossil for a $300 quartz homage of the Daytona.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 45649
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by koimaster » March 24th 2022, 11:34am

codguy wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:20am
ocean wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:04am
Cod swatch owns Omega so there’s that.
Am well aware
Plus a collectible is what the beholder thinks not me or you
Yep.
I still don't get it.

I'd rather own a Porsche 911 over a 912 any day---------- but to each their own.

912, shit that is a four banger POS with 100HP or so. knew a girl who had daddy buy one for her while a senior in HS. The only thing fast about that car of hers was her in the bedroom or across the fender.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8863
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by codguy » March 24th 2022, 11:40am

koimaster wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:34am
codguy wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:20am
ocean wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:04am
Cod swatch owns Omega so there’s that.
Am well aware
Plus a collectible is what the beholder thinks not me or you
Yep.
I still don't get it.

I'd rather own a Porsche 911 over a 912 any day---------- but to each their own.

912, shit that is a four banger POS with 100HP or so.
Yep, my point.
But it looked like a real Porsche sports car---------- with the same badging, appearance and whatever.
.



Image



.
User avatar
ocean
Master of Time
Posts: 3212
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Daytona Beach
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by ocean » March 24th 2022, 11:50am

codguy wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:40am
koimaster wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:34am
codguy wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:20am
ocean wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:04am
Cod swatch owns Omega so there’s that.
Am well aware
Plus a collectible is what the beholder thinks not me or you
Yep.
I still don't get it.

I'd rather own a Porsche 911 over a 912 any day---------- but to each their own.

912, shit that is a four banger POS with 100HP or so.
Yep, my point.
But it looked like a real Porsche sports car---------- with the same badging, appearance and whatever.
You bought a VW. Should have gotten something Italian.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8863
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by codguy » March 24th 2022, 12:19pm

ocean wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:50am
codguy wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:40am
koimaster wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:34am
codguy wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:20am
ocean wrote:
March 24th 2022, 11:04am
Cod swatch owns Omega so there’s that.
Am well aware
Plus a collectible is what the beholder thinks not me or you
Yep.
I still don't get it.

I'd rather own a Porsche 911 over a 912 any day---------- but to each their own.

912, shit that is a four banger POS with 100HP or so.
Yep, my point.
But it looked like a real Porsche sports car---------- with the same badging, appearance and whatever.
You bought a VW. Should have gotten something Italian.
Welp, Volkswagens were developed by Doctor Ferdinand Porsche so there is that, but you probably new that.

And four the record, I have owned three Italian cars when I live in that country, a (Fix It Again Tony) Fiat 500, a Lancia and an Alfa Romeo. Was Not Impressed.
Dint expect them to half the presteeg of the Maranello or Modena cars---------and also dint expect them two be badged with a prancing horse nor trident
.



Image



.
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 9125
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by smellody » March 24th 2022, 1:04pm

majt wrote:
March 24th 2022, 12:53pm
I kinda don't like the fact that Omega has had to give it's name to the parent company. Sorta cheapens the Omega name and heritage.
I agree to some extent, but also think it might encourage more youngsters who think the watch is cool to want one and eventually want a real one and further perpetuate our silly hobby. I said it earlier. . . . SWATCH Group, including Omega, have their act together and are going to mop up. . .
   Image
User avatar
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 1542
Joined: May 23rd 2013, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Too Far South, Floriduh
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by MAX » March 24th 2022, 1:37pm

Id go with the Mission to Saturn, Moon or Mercury but I would rather drive to any of those planets than drive to Miami. Better be available on the net or a no go.

Love the ring around Saturn so maybe that model if you dont want to be accused of wearing a fake. Dont have a brown watch.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 45649
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by koimaster » March 24th 2022, 3:11pm

MAX wrote:
March 24th 2022, 1:37pm
Id go with the Mission to Saturn, Moon or Mercury but I would rather drive to any of those planets than drive to Miami. Better be available on the net or a no go.

Love the ring around Saturn so maybe that model if you dont want to be accused of wearing a fake. Dont have a brown watch.
and don't let anyone play with uranus either.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33646
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by conjurer » March 24th 2022, 4:23pm

Picture this--a fellow is heading towards the checkout stand at the supermarket. His name is, I dunno--Galvin! Yes, that's it, he's Galvin. He's an architect, wears very thin eyeglasses with the frames made in Germany, drives a Polestar, has a wife who regularly does aerobics and blows him often. Galvin is also wearing an Omega Speedy moon watch on his wrist. Galvin is proud of his watch, since he bought it (full price! None of that gray market Jomashop shit for Galvin!) with the fee he was paid for his first big design for Section 8 housing for the poor and indigent. Galvin believes that even the least of us (read, broke white trash) deserve a home in a handsomely designed building.

And, as Galvin is checking out at the market, with plenty of kale and tofu, the guy bagging his groceries, named Jimmy, who has mild learning disabilities and lives, with his parents, at the very same Section 8 building that netted Galvin his Speedy, shows Galvin his gnu wartche.

"Look, Mr. Galvin! I got a Speedy too! And, it's better than yours, because I don't have to wind it, and it's accurate to 15 seconds a month!" Then Jimmy laughs so hard that his unibrow wrinkles and he partially wets himself.

So, when Galvin gets home, he throws his Man on the Moon watch in his sock drawer, calls his jeweler, and gets on the wait list for a Daytona.

THE END
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 9125
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by smellody » March 24th 2022, 4:26pm

conjurer wrote:
March 24th 2022, 4:23pm
Picture this--a fellow is heading towards the checkout stand at the supermarket. His name is, I dunno--Galvin! Yes, that's it, he's Galvin. He's an architect, wears very thin eyeglasses with the frames made in Germany, drives a Polestar, has a wife who regularly does aerobics and blows him often. Galvin is also wearing an Omega Speedy moon watch on his wrist. Galvin is proud of his watch, since he bought it (full price! None of that gray market Jomashop shit for Galvin!) with the fee he was paid for his first big design for Section 8 housing for the poor and indigent. Galvin believes that even the least of us (read, broke white trash) deserve a home in a handsomely designed building.

And, as Galvin is checking out at the market, with plenty of kale and tofu, the guy bagging his groceries, named Jimmy, who has mild learning disabilities and lives, with his parents, at the very same Section 8 building that netted Galvin his Speedy, shows Galvin his gnu wartche.

"Look, Mr. Galvin! I got a Speedy too! And, it's better than yours, because I don't have to wind it, and it's accurate to 15 seconds a month!" Then Jimmy laughs so hard that his unibrow wrinkles and he partially wets himself.

So, when Galvin gets home, he throws his Man on the Moon watch in his sock drawer, calls his jeweler, and gets on the wait list for a Daytona.

THE END
True Story
   Image
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Posts: 6425
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by iwasbanned » March 24th 2022, 4:45pm

Great story. Kinda where I'm at in this now. Wonder when Grand Seiko and Seiko will do their Collab.
smellody wrote:
March 24th 2022, 4:26pm
conjurer wrote:
March 24th 2022, 4:23pm
Picture this--a fellow is heading towards the checkout stand at the supermarket. His name is, I dunno--Galvin! Yes, that's it, he's Galvin. He's an architect, wears very thin eyeglasses with the frames made in Germany, drives a Polestar, has a wife who regularly does aerobics and blows him often. Galvin is also wearing an Omega Speedy moon watch on his wrist. Galvin is proud of his watch, since he bought it (full price! None of that gray market Jomashop shit for Galvin!) with the fee he was paid for his first big design for Section 8 housing for the poor and indigent. Galvin believes that even the least of us (read, broke white trash) deserve a home in a handsomely designed building.

And, as Galvin is checking out at the market, with plenty of kale and tofu, the guy bagging his groceries, named Jimmy, who has mild learning disabilities and lives, with his parents, at the very same Section 8 building that netted Galvin his Speedy, shows Galvin his gnu wartche.

"Look, Mr. Galvin! I got a Speedy too! And, it's better than yours, because I don't have to wind it, and it's accurate to 15 seconds a month!" Then Jimmy laughs so hard that his unibrow wrinkles and he partially wets himself.

So, when Galvin gets home, he throws his Man on the Moon watch in his sock drawer, calls his jeweler, and gets on the wait list for a Daytona.

THE END
True Story
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 9109
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by jason_recliner » March 24th 2022, 6:35pm

conjurer wrote:
March 24th 2022, 6:30pm
jason_recliner wrote:
March 24th 2022, 6:04pm
What's the crystal on these? Acrylic?
I think acrylic. This has the added bonus of nobody being able to see the dial after a year!!
Cool. More of a moonwatch than every other Speedie except the actual moonwatch.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
ocean
Master of Time
Posts: 3212
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Daytona Beach
Contact:

Re: Affordable Moon Watch

Post by ocean » March 24th 2022, 8:13pm

For those interested in the watch and me being a movement snob. My research is limited but it is eta and 4 jewel which my guess is a reworked version of the eta G10.212AD

https://www.eta.ch/en/our-products/quar ... -g10212-ad
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
Post Reply

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest