Timex vintage

watches under $1000
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Timex vintage

Post by koimaster » November 9th 2021, 4:08pm

Not too bad looking a collection given they are almost the polar opposites of that gaudy invicta crap.

TW2U87800.jpg

https://www.timex.com/q-timex-1975-reis ... 9sfex5j7om

And this one I like, the Timex Liquor store although I think John would have a hard time staying away from opening the case back to see if there was a bit of a nip in there.

Todd-Snyder-Timex-Liquor-Store-olive-watch-10.jpg

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hands-on-t ... ore-watch/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: Timex vintage

Post by jason_recliner » November 9th 2021, 4:36pm

Yep, love the liquor store. Great looking watch, too!

I'm impressed by the Red Rover, really grown to like it (Sarah is field testing it as we speak, trapping quokkas or desert crocodiles or something, whatever the heck 'ecologists' do) so I'd definitely consider one of these. My biggest gripe is the crystal. I think it's plastic and it marks up really easily. Not to mention how hard it is to remove stains... Oh, and would it kill them to put a 9015 inside?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 9th 2021, 5:54pm

bbattle wrote:
November 9th 2021, 5:39pm
Yes, please direct me to one that looks like the Liquor Store.
Interestingly, I just emailed Todd Synder about this wartche. I told him I wouldn't be found dead in a ditch wearing one, but I knew a guy who was interested. Todd wrote back, ASAP and PDQ, too, telling me to go fuck myself, that he wouldn't reissue said wartche, and went so far as to infer that I should pound sand up my fucking ass.

Sorry to bring you this sad, sad news.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » November 9th 2021, 6:25pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
November 9th 2021, 6:19pm
This is an extremely popular sales ploy nowadays. Brand A partners with Brand B to produce/unveil a limited edition widget that sells out quickly. Wait five minutes and Timex will come out with another similar wartch, perhaps with J. Press or Tom Ford.
I'd buy a Timex x Tommy Bahama!

If it thinks, it stinks
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bbattle » November 9th 2021, 6:45pm

Where's that Ocean Pacific vintage reissue?

How long to wait for the Tommy Hilfiger Golden Eye?

Ooh, the Martha Stewart Timex with a silk dial and hands that look like rose stems?

I'm surprised they don't have a tv show where they sell these kinds of watches. I bet they'd make big bucks.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 9th 2021, 6:50pm

jason_recliner wrote:
November 9th 2021, 6:25pm
DoctorIvey wrote:
This is an extremely popular sales ploy nowadays. Brand A partners with Brand B to produce/unveil a limited edition widget that sells out quickly. Wait five minutes and Timex will come out with another similar wartch, perhaps with J. Press or Tom Ford.
I thought I'd look up "Tommy Bahama", so I checked wikipedia:

Tommy Bahama was a confederate general in the US Civil War. Born Thomas Edgerton Bahama in Clairmont, Virginia, in 1811, Bahama raised a regiment of foot who wore Zouave uniforms that had, instead of broadcloth brocade, palm trees and tiki gods on their flowing pantaloons. Bahama was a notorious brute, who laughed hysterically whilst hammering lit sticks of dynamite into Union prisoner's backsides. When the unfortunate federal exploded, Bahama would shout "Rectum? Damn near kilt him!"

After taken prisoner at the end of the war, Bahama was tried as a war criminal and sodomite. He was incarcerated for life in the same cell as Dr. Samuel Mudd, the wretched sawbones who set John Wilkes Booth's leg. There the pair became very close, and Bahama would joke in the messhall, "Well, I'm off to push Mudd's mud."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy-Bahama
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » November 9th 2021, 10:10pm

conjurer wrote:
November 9th 2021, 6:50pm
jason_recliner wrote:
November 9th 2021, 6:25pm
DoctorIvey wrote:
I thought I'd look up "Tommy Bahama", so I checked wikipedia:

Tommy Bahama was a confederate general in the US Civil War. Born Thomas Edgerton Bahama in Clairmont, Virginia, in 1811, Bahama raised a regiment of foot who wore Zouave uniforms that had, instead of broadcloth brocade, palm trees and tiki gods on their flowing pantaloons. Bahama was a notorious brute, who laughed hysterically whilst hammering lit sticks of dynamite into Union prisoner's backsides. When the unfortunate federal exploded, Bahama would shout "Rectum? Damn near kilt him!"

After taken prisoner at the end of the war, Bahama was tried as a war criminal and sodomite. He was incarcerated for life in the same cell as Dr. Samuel Mudd, the wretched sawbones who set John Wilkes Booth's leg. There the pair became very close, and Bahama would joke in the messhall, "Well, I'm off to push Mudd's mud."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy-Bahama
Vintage Conjurer.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”