ASTOR+BANKS FORTITUDE

watches under $1000
koimaster
Founder

ASTOR+BANKS FORTITUDE

Post by koimaster » April 3rd 2021, 9:53pm

Chicago outfit Astor+Banks is coming up on 10 years in business, and they’ve certainly left their mark on the watch world. Released from 2012 to 2016, their first three models were undoubtedly well-designed (I still yearn for a Pilotmatic…or do I want the AB1405?), but I’d argue it wasn’t until they released the Sea Ranger in 2019 that they really made a splash. The Sea Ranger began a new chapter for the brand, broadening the brand’s appeal with a design that was at once relatable and distinct.

The A+B Fortitude collection is a continuation of that new chapter, borrowing as it does many of the elements that made the Sea Ranger a hit. Shedding the dive bezel and shifting some dimensions, the Fortitude is presented with the Sea Ranger’s slim midcase construction and comes in five exceptional dials.

https://www.thetimebum.com/2021/04/asto ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: ASTOR+BANKS FORTITUDE

Post by jason_recliner » April 4th 2021, 5:10pm

I really like this watch a lot. Ticks pretty much every box. The raised lugs don't bother me one bit. The author is a goose. Can't abide by break-in time?

I'd much prefer a sapphire exhibition case back. That plain back looks cheap and boring because it's cheap and boring. Oh, and the aqua dial is ghey-as-fuck.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: ASTOR+BANKS FORTITUDE

Post by jason_recliner » April 4th 2021, 7:11pm

conjurer wrote:
April 4th 2021, 5:40pm
Everything about this watch blows, apart from the aqua dial.
What. The. Fuck.

You fucking miserable fucking Pollack fuck.

What just because I love this watch, because, after five years of fucking heartache, struggles, and misery, I finally have found happiness, in the handsomely shapely compound curves and Bauhaus decorations of this fine timepiece, you have to ruin it for me? Does it give you some kind of perverse fetishistic glee to take shit on the one shining light in the epic tragedy that is my life?

Fuck you. Fuck you and your fucking cats. And your family (if you have one).
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”