The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

watches under $!000
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by Hawk » May 6th 2020, 11:10am

Don't take it personally. In the wide world of watch collectors there exists a dwindling minority of folks that view other people staring at our wrists as, well, creepy.

Me and the other guy found a home here. But we are a minority.

Nowhere else will you see debates on "which is less likely to get noticed: Datejust or Grand Seiko" with "not noticed" being a good thing. That's a borderline WUS debate so it's rare - say once every three years or so.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 6th 2020, 12:03pm

HarvesterUT wrote:
May 6th 2020, 10:02am
biglove wrote:
May 6th 2020, 8:11am
What is it with the TeeVee watch brands and "compliments?"

I don't wear a watch for compliments, I wear watches because I find joy in their artistry, utility, workmanship and value.

FFS
I wear my watches for the same reasons you do. The compliments are just a nice bonus. Obviously, I will receive none of that in this forum, but what do I care? This forum is meant for pure trolling.
Really? The origins of this forum over 10 years ago viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20916&hilit=origins

Members here are from virtually every other watch forum. Many have been banned for asking honest questions about claims made by vendors such as invicta, doxa and others. Others ran afoul of moderators who thought they were demigods. Some are here because we do not censor comments since adults here should be treated as such.

And some of the shit I have put up it from trolls

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 6th 2020, 12:49pm

HarvesterUT wrote:
May 6th 2020, 10:02am
biglove wrote:
May 6th 2020, 8:11am
What is it with the TeeVee watch brands and "compliments?"

I don't wear a watch for compliments, I wear watches because I find joy in their artistry, utility, workmanship and value.

FFS
I wear my watches for the same reasons you do. The compliments are just a nice bonus. Obviously, I will receive none of that in this forum, but what do I care? This forum is meant for pure trolling.
r.

I've inherited some great shit- Rolex, Jules Jorgensen, old school Movado, IWC, JLC, I've got Seiko, Maurice Lacroix, Omega, Chase Durer, Sector, I have a Lupah and a complete calendar vintage IWG watch I still wear on occasion, big, small, super complicated, elegant dress- the point being- I can count the number of times anyone asked me about, or complimented, a watch I was wearing on the fingers of one hand. IDK, I think that folks who speak of the large number of compliments they get on a watch are trying to represent their good judgement as demonstrated by how many others like what they like. Fuck them and fuck you. Wear what YOU like. Nobody here gives a fuck enough about what you wear to run you off because of it, clear evidence of that exists on this board every day- we wear everything here. What we won't suffer here is fools and trolls, and you're leaning that'a way.

If you have a contribution to make, make it . Pop your IWG products into the WURW threads- they will be in good Invicta and Glycine company. WL exposed blatant, flaming fraud in the watch industry regarding country of origin, false claims as to materials used in dials, crystals, straps, cases and so on with more than one manufacturer. It's all here for you as is a great deal to learn about watches, watchmaking, and horology, who knows, you might even fall in love with another brand. All that counts here is truth in advertising and not buying stuff because you don't know what you don't know.

Watchlords is well known as the deep end of the pool and is a bumpy ride. If you can't buckle your seatbelt and ride along or if you care a whole lot about what people think, the place may not be for you. So, sit a spell, see if maybe the joint might be a good fit before you start running your mouth and calling people trolls and whatnot.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
HarvesterUT

Post by HarvesterUT » May 6th 2020, 1:52pm

Hey, I never said this forum doesn't offer something of value to the watch community. Exposing fraudulent companies and cutting through the extant bullshit is A-OK in my book. Still a bunch of bloody trolls. As one member put it:
Hawk wrote:
May 6th 2020, 11:10am
Don't take it personally.
I'm liking it here more and more. Breath of fresh air from all the WUS try-hards who post their gray-market timepieces in overly-stylized photos.
HarvesterUT

Post by HarvesterUT » May 6th 2020, 2:19pm

mrneddles wrote:
May 6th 2020, 2:04pm
“Timepieces” are for planks, this is a warch forum.
Fun albeit useless story. Back in high school, my group of friends used to use the word "plank" to mean "awesome" or "cool." Obviously this was nonsensical, but it made for excellent conversation. Then, some no talent assclowns started using the term "planking" to mean something completely different. And then we were forced to endure years of never ending Facebook posts of people laying on shit.
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 6th 2020, 2:57pm

HarvesterUT wrote:
May 6th 2020, 1:52pm
...Still a bunch of bloody trolls. As one member put it:
Hawk wrote:
May 6th 2020, 11:10am
Don't take it personally.
So, fool and troll it is.

Good luck back at Facebook or wherenot.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 6th 2020, 3:20pm

iwasbanned wrote:
May 6th 2020, 3:11pm
HarvesterUT wrote:
May 6th 2020, 1:52pm
Breath of fresh air from all the WUS try-hards who post their gray-market timepieces in overly-stylized photos.
WTF is wrong with gray market and overly-stylized photos?

That's a nice one, Juan. Is that a pic from back before they had color digital cameras?
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 6th 2020, 3:37pm

iwasbanned wrote:
May 6th 2020, 3:30pm
conjurer wrote:
May 6th 2020, 3:20pm

That's a nice one, Juan. Is that a pic from back before they had color digital cameras?

As an instagram influencer, my camera just does this. Look for me on tiktok soon.
I want to be an influencer, too! Just like Poggy!! Image
bbattle (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » May 6th 2020, 5:58pm

"Overly stylized photos" reminds me of Bazinga. Tons of pictures of watches lying in a stream, on the branch of a tree, in the ocean surf, etc. Very artistic, but not realistic.

Since one can only appreciate the beauty of a watch from a couple of feet or closer; I prefer reviews that show the watch up close. With good lighting.

Some watches get dismissed out of hand for not providing good enough photo evidence of their quality. Others that do provide good photographs may have wished they hadn't; their watches just don't have the scratch. And then a few watches really do look nice and at their price point, aren't a bad buy. Then you see they aren't offering an ETA 2824-2 but an STP-11 movement. And the interest fades rapidly.

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”