The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

watches under $!000
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41933
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by koimaster » March 2nd 2020, 1:27pm

I needed a laugh....... :mrgreen:


Aragon is a watch brand that was established in 1991. Since that time, the manufacturer has been producing an assortment of high-quality wristwatches including divers and other models. Although Aragon watches haven’t been around for long, they have certainly made an impression on watch enthusiasts. The brand has accomplished the two-fold purpose of producing attractive fashion accessories with a high level of practicality and functionality. Some of the examples feature amazing complications. For your consideration and enjoyment, here are the 20 best Aragon watches of all-time.

https://moneyinc.com/best-aragon-watches-of-all-time/
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14534
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by biglove » March 2nd 2020, 10:03pm

Twenty hideous examples of what men who live in their mothers’ basements wear.

Someone needs to electroshock the writer into something resembling reality. Surely that idiot isn’t actually paid money for this bullshit?
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 3583
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 3rd 2020, 9:46am

"Best Aragon Watches of All-Time?" It should be called "Best STDs of All-Time," the meaning would stay the same.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17111
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by TemerityB » March 3rd 2020, 11:47am

Cripes. What a list. Equally prestigious: "The 20 Best Rock Bands From Long Island," "20 Best Recalled Automobiles," "20 Best Frozen Dinners From Family Dollar."
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17111
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by TemerityB » March 4th 2020, 9:45am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bag o' balls, indeed. And I know these sold well - I remember the joyous photos of the deliriously happy mental deficients at WatchGeeks playing with their Android catapult watches, scenes that looked eerily similar to those TV ads of toddlers chortling and spitting up as they played Hungry Hungry Hippos.

I remained humbled and ashamed that I actually picked up a couple of Androids back in the day.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
User avatar
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 8625
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 5th 2020, 9:06am

HarvesterUT wrote:
May 5th 2020, 8:48am
Jeeze, what's with all the Android/Aragon hate? Nothing wrong with the watches in that article. Obviously, that article was a paid-placement marketing article for Aragon.
Propaganda indeed, paid advertorial kinda shit must be so stated at the top and a mag like Money wouldn't fuck around.

There is a great deal of information about Wing, the former Android, and Aragon to avail yourself of here. Enjoy boning up on the "brand".
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31955
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by conjurer » May 5th 2020, 9:37am

3Flushes wrote:
May 5th 2020, 9:06am
HarvesterUT wrote:
May 5th 2020, 8:48am
Jeeze, what's with all the Android/Aragon hate? Nothing wrong with the watches in that article. Obviously, that article was a paid-placement marketing article for Aragon.
Propaganda indeed, paid advertorial kinda shit must be so stated at the top and a mag like Money wouldn't fuck around.

There is a great deal of information about Wing, the former Android, and Aragon to avail yourself of here. Enjoy boning up on the "brand".
"Android/Aragon hate"? I believe it's due to the great majority of these watches being, at the very best, mediocre catalogue wartchs that are overpriced, oversized, vulgar, and without much interest for those with an IQ above room temperature. Certainly, Master Wing tended to make watches that didn't immediately break, and if they did, he had a fairly decent CS in place to fix or replace them. However, for the most part, Aragon and the former Android brand offers nothing to WISs who value things like excellence in design, a corporate history that inspires confidence, or not wearing an oversized hockey puck that makes the wearer appear to have recently gotten out of an insane asylum.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Image
User avatar
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 10235
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by Hawk » May 5th 2020, 9:38am

There's no Android/Aragon hate here. They are generally, though not universally, viewed by WLs as the least offensive of the TV brands.

Only a cynic would characterize that as "damning with faint praise" in the same manner as "most attractive dog turd".

Then again we do have our share of cynics.
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31955
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by conjurer » May 5th 2020, 10:40am

iwasbanned wrote:
May 5th 2020, 10:02am
I fucking hate those fucking stupid watches.
I would have to respectfully disagree with the esteemed Mr. Banned. I don't fucking hate Aragon, nor did I fucking hate Android before Master Wing sold out to whichever computer company who bought him off to take an iron hold of the company name. I don't even fucking hate Master Wing, who is, as Mr. Hawk cites above, one of the less offensive TeeVee wartche makers.

Indeed, I owned a Android or two in years past, and quickly sold them off. I found the quality of the steel in the cases to be barely acceptable, the sizes (even in the old days) to be too big and clunky, and apart from some faintly interesting styling, not my cup of tea.

What I found distasteful about the company was how it was embraced by the Geeks (and later, the WIT-less) and how Master Wing was lionized by these revolting communities of feebs and suckers--hence my ironic use of "Master." The Geeks and WIT-less felt that the Master walked on water, could do no wrong, and sucked up to him in an appalling show of geekness, which, to Wing's credit, he never seemed very comfortable with.

So, I don't fucking hate Aragon. I just don't give the company much thought at all.
Image
HarvesterUT
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: May 5th 2020, 8:11am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by HarvesterUT » May 5th 2020, 11:45am

3Flushes wrote:
May 5th 2020, 9:06am
There is a great deal of information about Wing, the former Android, and Aragon to avail yourself of here. Enjoy boning up on the "brand".
I am very familiar with Android and Wing, although I admit I haven't really been as into Aragon since his Google buy-out. I own about 45 various Android timepieces, so I am well aware of the good and the bad with them. Some people don't like when Wing started using ShopNBC to push more (cheaper) product. This was also around the time his timepieces grew in size to 48-50mm across the board. There was a time when Android made interesting, relatively minimalist timepieces. I am not not a movement snob by any means - I really don't give 2 shits about Chinese vs Japanese vs Swiss generally speaking. I own everything from cheap-ass Chinese autos all the way to Valjoux 7750's. I have gotten literally hundreds of compliments on Android watches, but never has a single person ever asked about the movement.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Even if you all seem a bit salty to these cheaper brands! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41933
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by koimaster » May 5th 2020, 12:03pm

HarvesterUT wrote:
May 5th 2020, 11:45am
3Flushes wrote:
May 5th 2020, 9:06am
There is a great deal of information about Wing, the former Android, and Aragon to avail yourself of here. Enjoy boning up on the "brand".
I am very familiar with Android and Wing, although I admit I haven't really been as into Aragon since his Google buy-out. I own about 45 various Android timepieces, so I am well aware of the good and the bad with them. Some people don't like when Wing started using ShopNBC to push more (cheaper) product. This was also around the time his timepieces grew in size to 48-50mm across the board. There was a time when Android made interesting, relatively minimalist timepieces. I am not not a movement snob by any means - I really don't give 2 shits about Chinese vs Japanese vs Swiss generally speaking. I own everything from cheap-ass Chinese autos all the way to Valjoux 7750's. I have gotten literally hundreds of compliments on Android watches, but never has a single person ever asked about the movement.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Even if you all seem a bit salty to these cheaper brands! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

viewforum.php?f=5 Location of forum for intros.

Check the review section and you find a review or two of android watches. I do not know of any watch snobs on this board and many own watches one can say are "cheap" Pretty certain my $50 Timex exhibition fits that bill.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14534
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by biglove » May 6th 2020, 8:11am

What is it with the TeeVee watch brands and "compliments?"

I don't wear a watch for compliments, I wear watches because I find joy in their artistry, utility, workmanship and value.

FFS
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
HarvesterUT
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: May 5th 2020, 8:11am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The 20 Best Aragon Watches of All-Time

Post by HarvesterUT » May 6th 2020, 10:02am

biglove wrote:
May 6th 2020, 8:11am
What is it with the TeeVee watch brands and "compliments?"

I don't wear a watch for compliments, I wear watches because I find joy in their artistry, utility, workmanship and value.

FFS
I wear my watches for the same reasons you do. The compliments are just a nice bonus. Obviously, I will receive none of that in this forum, but what do I care? This forum is meant for pure trolling.
Post Reply

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest