Burett & Angular Monmentum - A couple of strange ones

watches under $1000
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Re: Burett & Angular Monmentum - A couple of strange ones

Post by hcharles » April 20th 2015, 8:44pm

Both are definite keepers.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Nuvolari » April 20th 2015, 9:06pm

Both are cool IMO. But I particularly like the AM, they make some wacky shit. Not over the top fashion-y like TechnoMarine or, dare I say it, Invicter... But instead their designs tend to be mechanically innovative/interesting/intriguing... Yours demonstrates that well, and I'm not even sure what it does. What is that, a moon phase of some form?

I have only one Angular Momentum but it's charm is in its weird rotating dial. Like here, it's 9:35 but you can barely tell becuase the current hour passes through the 12:00 position, and then minute & seconds hands do what they are supposed to...

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers...
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » April 20th 2015, 9:11pm

A couple of years ago, this Angular Momentum was presented at forum.watchtime.ch:
Comments went from "how much worse can it get" to "waste of natural resources" and so forth, almost two pages of malicious comments. Then the owner of Angular Momentum showed up, explained a bit about the watch, then complained bitterly about the wording in some of the comments. That part started with "Do You guys have any clue about watches, or what? Seemingly just too much time at hand to kill on a forum... likely Your collection consists of cheap China made..." Boy, did he get a bashing, the thread went on for another 10 pages... :mrgreen:
I did however exchange a couple of pm's with him, nice guy. Just his entry post was suicidal. What I do like about the brand is the fact that they really strive for a design of their own.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 20th 2015, 10:57pm

gerdson wrote:A couple of years ago, this Angular Momentum was presented at forum.watchtime.ch:
Comments went from "how much worse can it get" to "waste of natural resources" and so forth, almost two pages of malicious comments. Then the owner of Angular Momentum showed up, explained a bit about the watch, then complained bitterly about the wording in some of the comments. That part started with "Do You guys have any clue about watches, or what? Seemingly just too much time at hand to kill on a forum... likely Your collection consists of cheap China made..." Boy, did he get a bashing, the thread went on for another 10 pages... :mrgreen:
I did however exchange a couple of pm's with him, nice guy. Just his entry post was suicidal. What I do like about the brand is the fact that they really strive for a design of their own.

Good for you, Gerdenheimer, for bothering to exchange PMs with this jamoke. That wartch is, without a doubt, the worst piece of motherfucking shit I've ever seen in my life. Just looking at that makes me want to gouge my goddamned eyes out with a rusty roofing nail. I actually just drove a railroad spike through my ball sack just so I didn't have to look at that goddamned piece of shit for another motherfucking second. But, to each his own, right?

I do recall when the Burett was a minor "It" watch. Everybody wanted one, probably because it was being sold on ShopNBC for absurdly cheap. I recall exchanging PMs at BDWF with CheepsII (speaking of a goddamned asshole) about his masturbatory love for this brand. Looking at it again, it's pretty swell, and probably running great for the guys who bought one for cheeps.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » April 20th 2015, 11:55pm

Be carefull with these rusty nails, as they might cause inflammation. Your balls will turn red like a lobster in boiling water.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
tiktok

Post by tiktok » April 21st 2015, 12:17am

Thanks for bringing up Angular Momentum, I became fascinated with them since i discovered them about ten years ago. They have permutated many which ways from avant dive watches to super high priced enamel painted dials. I have come close several times to pulling the trigger which is usually a bad sign for the company as I have a history of buying watches that diminish intensively in value or go out of business and are not serviceable. The only good thing about this is when I was going through meat grinder divorce the ex's attorney wanted in to my safe deposit box to calculate the value of my collection. Everything had depreciated insanely and I was happy to eat my losses, half of -1 is still -.05. :lol:
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 21st 2015, 9:11am

Nuvolari wrote:Yours demonstrates that well, and I'm not even sure what it does. What is that, a moon phase of some form?

It is a Surf & tide watch http://www.angularmomentum.com/uploadfi ... 1001JU.pdf

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
ChronoMATT
Master of Time

Post by ChronoMATT » April 21st 2015, 8:38pm

I really wanted to like the Burett Continent ETA 251 model I bought from WoW a couple years ago, but had to return it. The black IP was plated only on one side of the bracelet and could nearly be removed with a fingernail.
Last edited by ChronoMATT on April 22nd 2015, 3:01am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”