Gevril

watches under $1000
User avatar
abduksion

Re: Gevril

Post by abduksion » February 9th 2013, 4:45pm

My feelings are that all Technosablier movements are made in China - with perhaps some final assembly in Switzerland (and that is giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds like most of geek brands that people buy. (Off topic here) I can picture MD and Tim Temple sitting next to each other and MD or better yet Eyal Lalow says, this watch contains actual Alien Shit on the dial from our Invicta Space program. Retail price $5,000 Slops price $3,500 but intro price of $500 or 5 VP's of $100.
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43774
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Gevril

Post by koimaster » February 23rd 2020, 12:44pm

Generation one which actually came out in the early 90s are well made watches. Some but not all genv2 were made by Armand Nicolet. All Gen 1 were made by Audemars Piguet. The models that cod and Datsun240z71 have are indeed Armand Nicolet. The photos below which are from the web is an example of Generation 1 which is currently for sale.


GEVRIL Ref. A0111: The simple steel model with 18k gold accents on the bezel and dial. Its 39mm diameter is stately and proper, the thickness is 10mm. Strap width is 19mm. The long counter-balanced seconds hand suggests the accuracy of an observatory chronometer. It comes on a burgundy Audemars Piguet alligator strap.

The Gevril is powered by an ETA caliber 2824-2. As this watch was originally priced in the $2000-$2500 range in 1995. The 2824 within is a high-grade edition which easily runs near COSC-mandated accuracy.


E444C112-27D3-447B-9A28-328931F9C96B.jpeg
1D7FCBCC-7921-4A8E-813C-5B3B1B54CB77.jpeg
5579B1A5-5DE6-4191-90DC-F0F315426CB2.jpeg
EEDFA189-7EFF-4524-9E51-1C3EFF889961.jpeg
860DFA53-3C3C-410B-A004-813843AE639A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43774
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Gevril

Post by koimaster » February 23rd 2020, 1:26pm

foghorn wrote:
February 23rd 2020, 1:18pm
Gen 1 Chrono available for a good price. Seller is along time forum world veteran.


https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-cl ... 62243.html

He is asking $349 for it now. The photos I used were his.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 20219
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Gevril

Post by foghorn » February 23rd 2020, 1:41pm

He's a great seller.
In 2007 he was featured in a Watchtime article showcasing his extensive collection of Citizen Campanolas.
Pretty sure he's sold them all since then.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 20219
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Gevril

Post by foghorn » March 1st 2020, 12:43pm

" All Gen 1 were made by Audemars Piguet. "



I remember hearing something to this effect many years ago on SNBC in the pre Skelton times. At that time Gevril was being hawked more than Invicta. Temple always made sure to mention that Gevril was "under the umbrella" of AP. I can't seem to find any mention of this aside from what I heard from a TV huckster,years ago, though. Is there anything out there with more info.?


https://www.europastar.com/magazine/fea ... d-new.html
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43774
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Gevril

Post by koimaster » March 1st 2020, 12:55pm

foghorn wrote:
March 1st 2020, 12:43pm
" All Gen 1 were made by Audemars Piguet. "



I remember hearing something to this effect many years ago on SNBC in the pre Skelton times. At that time Gevril was being hawked more than Invicta. Temple always made sure to mention that Gevril was "under the umbrella" of AP. I can't seem to find any mention of this aside from what I heard from a TV huckster,years ago, though. Is there anything out there with more info.?


https://www.europastar.com/magazine/fea ... d-new.html

Sent an email to AP asking for verification.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8052
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Gevril

Post by jason_recliner » February 26th 2021, 7:43pm

koimaster wrote:
February 23rd 2020, 12:44pm
All Gen 1 were made by Audemars Piguet.
Are you sure about this? Gevril? With an ETA inside? I'd need to see some pretty concrete evidence before I accepted this. Looking at that watch and the WUS ad for the chrono they don't suggest anything like AP quality to me.

What happened to Kevin?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43774
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Gevril

Post by koimaster » February 26th 2021, 9:43pm

jason_recliner wrote:
February 26th 2021, 7:43pm
koimaster wrote:
February 23rd 2020, 12:44pm
All Gen 1 were made by Audemars Piguet.
Are you sure about this? Gevril? With an ETA inside? I'd need to see some pretty concrete evidence before I accepted this. Looking at that watch and the WUS ad for the chrono they don't suggest anything like AP quality to me.

What happened to Kevin?
Kevin left of his own accord a couple of years ago. The gervil does indeed have the eta movement. Photos from the original seller showed the movement. AP will confirm anything about gervil.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8052
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Gevril

Post by jason_recliner » February 26th 2021, 11:29pm

koimaster wrote:
February 26th 2021, 9:43pm
jason_recliner wrote:
February 26th 2021, 7:43pm
koimaster wrote:
February 23rd 2020, 12:44pm
All Gen 1 were made by Audemars Piguet.
Are you sure about this? Gevril? With an ETA inside? I'd need to see some pretty concrete evidence before I accepted this. Looking at that watch and the WUS ad for the chrono they don't suggest anything like AP quality to me.

What happened to Kevin?
Kevin left of his own accord a couple of years ago. The gervil does indeed have the eta movement. Photos from the original seller showed the movement. AP will confirm anything about gervil.
Yeah, I get that some Gevrils have ETAs inside. I'm not convinced that AP would make wartches with ETA movements.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Post Reply

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest