Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

watches under $!000
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Post by Hawk » June 21st 2012, 5:08am

TemerityB wrote:I don't have a copy of the now-infamous video with Demple and Magan - but I know that Hamilton does. Of course, it's been scrubbed, since nobody at ShopNBC did the slightest thing wrong.

Taking down the offending movie tie-in is prudent but scrubbing it would be taking one hell of a chance. Even in the absence of an injunction the IP litigation boilerplate would be best complied with - from Koi's posting:

I'd also conjecture that Valuevision's management is distancing themselves from one Tim Temple's remarks in much the same manner as someone discovering a rattlesnake in their sleeping bag.
Don Barzini
Watchlord WIS

Post by Don Barzini » June 21st 2012, 5:49am

Swatch Group, Rolex and even Channel are some rather litigious mother fuckers. (I love litigious mother fuckers in general - they pay my bills and buy my watches). Channel is pro-active in shutting down replica sites. Rolex files suit just because it rains. And Swatch won't let anyone push them around - witness their suit (actually Omega was the plaintiff) against COSTCO for gray market sales. All the way to the USSC and won. The SO's of the world just don't have the funds to staff a legal team to match the heavy hitters. And Shopnbc is named too? Ha! I have never seen ShopNBC but already hate it based on the comments on this forum.

Good work members of this forum who helped make it happen.
I think we need a Newer New Testament. You know, the one where God reveals His new covenant with corporations.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » June 21st 2012, 6:15am

Hawk wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I don't have a copy of the now-infamous video with Demple and Magan - but I know that Hamilton does. Of course, it's been scrubbed, since nobody at ShopNBC did the slightest thing wrong.

Taking down the offending movie tie-in is prudent but scrubbing it would be taking one hell of a chance. Even in the absence of an injunction the IP litigation boilerplate would be best complied with - from Koi's posting:

I'd also conjecture that Valuevision's management is distancing themselves from one Tim Temple's remarks in much the same manner as someone discovering a rattlesnake in their sleeping bag.

Tim Temple - everyone's favorite turd in the punchbowl.
"The killer awoke before dawn. He put his boots on. He took a face from the ancient gallery - and he walked on down the hall."

The Doors
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 21st 2012, 9:35am

As of today, June 21 at 2 pm, the folowing photo images could still be found on the Facebook page of Larry Magen. Be sure to read the comments to the right of the photos. To read a bit more clearly, right click and hit "view photo."

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » June 21st 2012, 11:09am

conjurer wrote:Edward Baker on Face-Books (as Eddie Phluff would call it) has a somewhat tenuous grasp on the whole intellectual property thing.

He apparently has also assigned meaning to the word "identical" previously unknown in the English language.

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 21st 2012, 12:12pm

Mark1 wrote:Nice tattoo, when did Larry go all badass on us?

I believe those are photos sent to Larry by happy members of Stuhrling Nation.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nasty

Post by Nasty » June 21st 2012, 8:00pm

TemerityB wrote:And to think, ShopNBC is gonna do one of those multi-hour watch show blocks on this very evening (Temple won't be there, apparently), including the launch of the "Stuhrling Prestige" line. Expect the most subdued broadcast on watches ever.

Not to mention hours of squeaky-clean thread scrubbin' on WGs and IAs once this news gets around.

Don't you mean "hackers" will take WG down?
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 28th 2012, 6:21pm

I think at this point it's only fair to mention that Larry Magen's "Chillin' With Larry Magen" show at his Acorn.tv website hasn't been on for two weeks. In fact, the week the Swatch suit was announced, he offered a re-run instead of a new show; tonight, another "re-run." He still managed to appear on ShopNBC in the interim.

I'm sure this is all quite coincidental.

It doesn't prevent a part of me from harkening back to the classic Invicta D/D debacle, where Unca Mike, Lalo, and even S. Fingers took a powder for what seemed like weeks...even on their own "watch website."

It certainly seems to be TV watch tango: Never, ever, ever answer a hard question - or even broach the subject - but we'll see you next week with our new TTV.

And yet, they have fan clubs. Unreal.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 28th 2012, 6:37pm

TemerityB wrote:I think at this point it's only fair to mention that Larry Magen's "Chillin' With Larry Magen" show at his Acorn.tv website hasn't been on for two weeks. In fact, the week the Swatch suit was announced, he offered a re-run instead of a new show; tonight, another "re-run." He still managed to appear on ShopNBC in the interim.

I'm sure this is all quite coincidental.

It doesn't prevent a part of me from harkening back to the classic Invicta D/D debacle, where Unca Mike, Lalo, and even S. Fingers took a powder for what seemed like weeks...even on their own "watch website."

It certainly seems to be TV watch tango: Never, ever, ever answer a hard question - or even broach the subject - but we'll see you next week with our new TTV.

And yet, they have fan clubs. Unreal.

remember when they moved all of the DD threads into one new sub-forum and POOF!!! The disappeared like Puff the magic dragon.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 28th 2012, 8:14pm

jason_recliner wrote:Well I, for one, hope Stuhrling Original survives this lawsuit. If we lose Stuhrling Original, we lose a lot of good material for this forum. That would be a real shame.

Well said, you goddamn bogan!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 29th 2012, 7:39am

repentent wrote:Koi: did you hear anything back from your Swiss chum? He was going to investigate SO's Swiss-made claims.

not yet. He will let me know what happens

1946-2006

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 10th 2012, 9:58am

1:12-cv-02927-DLI-RLM The Swatch Group (US) Inc. v. Sturhling Original LLC et al
Dora Lizette Irizarry, presiding
Roanne L. Mann, referral
Date filed: 06/11/2012
Date of last filing: 06/14/2012

As of today, no response from Stuhrling unoriginal.

1946-2006

ChronoMATT
Master of Time

Post by ChronoMATT » July 10th 2012, 10:04am

Do you have 30 days to respond before defaulting?

koimaster wrote:1:12-cv-02927-DLI-RLM The Swatch Group (US) Inc. v. Sturhling Original LLC et al
Dora Lizette Irizarry, presiding
Roanne L. Mann, referral
Date filed: 06/11/2012
Date of last filing: 06/14/2012

As of today, no response from Stuhrling unoriginal.

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”