Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

watches under $!000
koimaster
Founder

Re: Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Post by koimaster » June 20th 2012, 7:06am

TemerityB wrote:We're not the only site to have taken note - but get a load of some of the responses here. Unreal.

http://watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=29138&forum_id=66&jump_to=351837

toecutter
Watch Freek

Swatch figures from 2011.

• Gross sales exceed CHF 7 billion for the first time to CHF 7,143 million, an increase of +21.7% over 2010 at constant exchange rates.

That's over 7.5 billion USD.

Greedy, maybe just a little.

Not interested in their rationale.

toecutter
Watch Freek

I can understand that.

A simple cease and desist would put a stop to the sale of the "so called" look alike.

It's the money thing that kinda irks me.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Post by Guest » June 20th 2012, 7:38am

From their FB page:

Get ready for the launch of Stuhrling Prestige TONIGHT, Tuesday, June 19th, at 10:00PM EST!
We are very excited with this event, because it’s been a long time coming, and now it’s finally here! Come check out Stuhrling’s finest Swiss made timepieces, each one created with the quality and care fitting of a prestigious timepiece. Make no mistake about it: each shipment of timepieces we receive from Switzerland comes with documentation stamped with a seal of approval by the Swiss Confederation ensuring its Swiss origins!

Should be a complete hoot. I know it's been mentioned before but maybe Koi could tip off his mate and see what he has to say.
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Hawk » June 20th 2012, 8:08am

repentent wrote:From their FB page:

Get ready for the launch of Stuhrling Prestige TONIGHT, Tuesday, June 19th, at 10:00PM EST!
We are very excited with this event, because it’s been a long time coming, and now it’s finally here! Come check out Stuhrling’s finest Swiss made timepieces, each one created with the quality and care fitting of a prestigious timepiece. Make no mistake about it: each shipment of timepieces we receive from Switzerland comes with documentation stamped with a seal of approval by the Swiss Confederation ensuring its Swiss origins!

Should be a complete hoot. I know it's been mentioned before but maybe Koi could tip off his mate and see what he has to say.

Well there you go - first it was the Swiss Fenderation certifying the junk and now it's the whole country - least they could have done was use Confoederatio Helvetica in their bullshit release.

Between Fenderations and Confederations has Stuhrling yet stepped on their dick by actually unambiguously claiming review by FHS as opposed to mis-spellings and misdirection?

Most likely, SO will simply concoct some similar-sounding quasi Swiss vest pocket in-house utterly bogus certification house and fire up the printing presses.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 20th 2012, 8:31am

Hawk wrote:
repentent wrote:From their FB page:

Well there you go - first it was the Swiss Fenderation certifying the junk and now it's the whole country - least they could have done was use Confoederatio Helvetica in their bullshit release.

Between Fenderations and Confederations has Stuhrling yet stepped on their dick by actually unambiguously claiming review by FHS as opposed to mis-spellings and misdirection?

Most likely, SO will simply concoct some similar-sounding quasi Swiss vest pocket in-house utterly bogus certification house and fire up the printing presses.

What we need are copies of the shows where the claims of Swiss certification happen and the Ricochet vids.

1946-2006

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 20th 2012, 9:38am

Thanks for digging for those legal papers, koi.

As for the Stuhrling Swiss claims, perhaps just go to any tourby they've been hawking and see if their videos are still up at the ShopNBC website. I get the feeling they'll get taken down - just like ever other specious claim that's happened on that network.

EDIT: Oops, I just checked - suddenly, there are no SO touribillons on the ShopNBC website. I guess they all "sold out."
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Post by Guest » June 20th 2012, 9:47am

ARE YOU READY KIDS?
>aye aye captain
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>aye aye captain

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh

What kind of an Idiot has Stuhrling Original?
>butt hurt Stuhrling geeks
instead of a Hamilton or Tissot?
>butt hurt Stuhrling geeks
If having a Ventura is somethin you wish!
>butt hurt Sturhling geeks
Then why you buy a Sturhling, stupid fucker?
>butt hurt Sturhling geeks

READY?
>butt hurt Sturhling geeks
>BUTT HURT
>STURHLING STUPID GEEEEEEkS
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » June 20th 2012, 3:06pm

I like this reply to larry's bullshit at wg:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Drinkmeister said:
Larry Magen wrote:Hey Guys,

This has been a very interesting thread to say the least.

I am not going to state my thoughts on the lawsuit itself... obviously.

And everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect all the opinions on both sides... that I have read here so far.

But for whatever it is worth, I want to just clarify one thing.... I did not mention anything about a movie. The first time I heard anything about a watch appearing in a movie in connection with this episode is when I read it in the press regarding this lawsuit. I never even knew about this watch or any watch similar to ours appearing in a movie. So for those that are saying that I used a movie to sell our watch... sorry but it just isn't true. I am sure that somewhere someone has a recording of the show... and the tape will show... that I never said anything about a movie.

Peace, Love and All Good Things,
Larry

Weren't you sitting next to tim temple when he said, "You guys could not have picked a better time to build this, because this whole triangular thing has been championed by at least two of the major power brands coming out at the Hall Of Dreams, and, of course, obviously commanding much higher price points than this. If memory serves, I think there's another motion picture release now where this is once again being touted."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Can't wait to see his response.
---
-ajc
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 20th 2012, 4:08pm

AJC wrote:Weren't you sitting next to tim temple when he said, "You guys could not have picked a better time to build this, because this whole triangular thing has been championed by at least two of the major power brands coming out at the Hall Of Dreams, and, of course, obviously commanding much higher price points than this. If memory serves, I think there's another motion picture release now where this is once again being touted."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Can't wait to see his response.

Jesus, AJC, Larry's, like, 89 years old. He can't remember everything.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 20th 2012, 5:34pm

There's a thread on all this at WG? Dorks...your move...

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 20th 2012, 8:13pm

jaw wrote:Only video I could find - Movie not mentioned. Guessing this isn't the original presentation. Still quite offensive to watch.

Nice! can you send me a copy for the forum archives

1946-2006

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 21st 2012, 3:38am

I don't have a copy of the now-infamous video with Demple and Magan - but I know that Hamilton does. Of course, it's been scrubbed, since nobody at ShopNBC did the slightest thing wrong.

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”