Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

watches under $!000

Re: Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Post by Guest » June 19th 2012, 11:57am

Good fucking work to all concerned. Made my holiday, that has.

On a slightly different tack: still waiting to hear back from SO to clarify their "hand-stitched in Italy' bollocks over their watch straps that keeps popping up on Bid TV, still haven't heard back from GVB or SO about the 100% Swizz claims - and while we're about it, their crappy Belmont quartz bollocks still strangely boasts Swiss Quartz on the dial. Odd, therefore, that SNBC has the movement down as being made in Hong Kong. Some difference going down here that I'm still waiting to hear about also.

Bet Felix wishes he'd stayed in bed, eh?
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » June 19th 2012, 12:08pm

And to think, ShopNBC is gonna do one of those multi-hour watch show blocks on this very evening (Temple won't be there, apparently), including the launch of the "Stuhrling Prestige" line. Expect the most subdued broadcast on watches ever.

Not to mention hours of squeaky-clean thread scrubbin' on WGs and IAs once this news gets around.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
spanky1

Post by spanky1 » June 19th 2012, 1:18pm

Well Done WL. Swatch and the Hayek family have deep pockets. Bankrupt Value Vision will probably become insolvent after writing this check for damages.
Tzimisces

Post by Tzimisces » June 19th 2012, 4:20pm

NorthCountry wrote:I am all for protecting intellectual property but, only a suit has been filed. It is the ruling or settlement that counts. Don't count your baskets before your chicken lays some eggs. Congrats to those involved in tipping off swatch!Image

We'll cross that bear when we come to it.

I think the thing that put this one over the line (besides the blatant ripoff) is the claim for a MIB 3 tie-in. It's one thing to shamelessly copy another's design, but quite another to try to steal the marketing tie-ins as well. At that point Sturhling's rep admitted it was a copy.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 19th 2012, 5:07pm

TZ, let's not forget that ShopNBC is in hot water for this one as well. I personally think it was the comments of Temple that sent them over the edge.

But, hey - FINALLY, after nebulous product claim after FUBAR after outrageous on-air statement, ShopNBC is being taken to task by another watch company for something they've foisted on consumers.

I mean...finally. And it's about time.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
DIAMANTE
Watchlord WIS

Post by DIAMANTE » June 19th 2012, 9:32pm

koimaster wrote:Image

I have not seen either the Stuhrling or the Hamilton in question other than the examples above. If Swatch's claim is based on the examples above this dog ain't gonna hunt. I have seen examples of Stuhrlings that are almost identical copies of other designs. This one ain't one of them. If you put the two watches above in front of an unbiased jury it would be a hard sell to say the Stuhrling is a copy. Other than a general triangular shape they look nothing alike.

D
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » June 19th 2012, 11:16pm

DIAMANTE wrote:
koimaster wrote:Image

I have not seen either the Stuhrling or the Hamilton in question other than the examples above. If Swatch's claim is based on the examples above this dog ain't gonna hunt. I have seen examples of Stuhrlings that are almost identical copies of other designs. This one ain't one of them. If you put the two watches above in front of an unbiased jury it would be a hard sell to say the Stuhrling is a copy. Other than a general triangular shape they look nothing alike.

D

This ^ is the Hamilton more closely copied. The black one in Koi's image is the XXL model.

DIAMANTE
Watchlord WIS

Post by DIAMANTE » June 20th 2012, 1:24am

codguy wrote:
DIAMANTE wrote:
koimaster wrote:

D

This ^ is the Hamilton more closely copied. The black one in Koi's image is the XXL model.

OK, gotcha. They're busted.

D
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 20th 2012, 6:09am

We're not the only site to have taken note - but get a load of some of the responses here. Unreal.

http://watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=29138&forum_id=66&jump_to=351837

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”