Kaal Watch Multiverse Review

watches under $!000
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 7th 2020, 10:27am

Okay. First things first: This is a watch with a huge, 3-dimensional planet Earth in the middle of the dial. You’ve spotted this already, and it would be remiss of me not to get it out of the way immediately. The Kaal Watch Multiverse is not a watch for everyone. Dare I say it’s a novelty watch, but I have reviewed novelty watches before – the MAALS Jump Over the Moon and the TACS AVL-2 spring to mind – and I quite liked both of those.

You’ll have already decided whether this watch would ever have a place in your collection and I will not be trying to persuade you otherwise. The watch will ultimately retail at $699 but is on preorder for $369 with a Kickstarter campaign starting soon where the watch will start at $399.
Case

A first glance, the Kaal Watch Multiverse looks massive. The 19mm depth contributes a lot to this, with the crystal domed to accommodate the 3D dial. It’s a somewhat more conservative 42mm in diameter but, have no doubt, this watch is not going to fit under your cuffs. Inside is a Seiko NH35A, part of which is visible through a small hole on the embossed 3D case back. Finishing is good all-round, and there’s a nice lumed logo on the crown.

https://wristwatchreview.co.uk/kaal-wat ... rse-review

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
monster623az
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Kaal Watch Multiverse Review

Post by monster623az » October 13th 2020, 12:15pm

Ive dealt with the creator of the watch before, seems to be a good guy. I have always wanted a watch with the globe or world map on it, I like the planet on the center. BUT I think it just doesnt do it for me, as much as I want one I wouldnt get much wear out of it. They also make a Sun and Moon or Mars or some other planet.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 13th 2020, 8:23pm

biglove wrote:
October 7th 2020, 8:03pm
The caseback would be ok if the movement weren't so mundane. This one scores a big zero on the boner scale.
Oh yeah? This watch made my once dependable Johnson recess into my pelvis, and the schooowook sound of it as it happened scared the Fancy Feast out of my cat.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 13th 2020, 9:28pm

”Kaal” sounds similar to the Polish word ”kał,” which means feces. Coincidence?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”