THE I HATE WING LIANG FB GROUP”

watches under $!000
koimaster
Founder

THE I HATE WING LIANG FB GROUP”

Post by koimaster » July 28th 2020, 6:23pm

You run into wingnuts everywhere
—————————————-
This Man simply has too much creativity and genius for one person.
I own MANY Aragon Watches. Let me rephrase: I own a LOT of Aragon Watches.
As a collector I enjoy many Brands and prefer to diversify.

No need for me to list all: those who read my posts have seen many of them.
Just recently I acquired the Bronze (I do wish he had more Bronze models) Parma 2 Meteorite Dial.
Please bear in mind that I live in Canada: between change in currency and customs fees I pay 65% to 70% more than an American does.

I loved my Meteorite, yet almost immediately wished I had the Damascus version.
I promised myself enough is enough and time for other brands (which I do still buy as well and you will see very soon in a long and fascinating Post).

Well along came my “need” to acquire a Sea Charger AND a beautiful Galaxy. That was it I promised myself. Two more? I don’t need them. Yes I did.
Especially since I just bought an old Green Dial Android as well. I forgot about that, didn’t I - doesn’t count as it technically is not an Aragon. Right? Right?

So now he is hinting at a Divemaster 4 NE 88. Well you know I have to own that. Yes I ordered it already.
Additionally I must get my missing Damascus and (finally) my Hercules with a flat Tube. And, I think he is introducing new models every week, so what will annoy me next?

Mistakenly I read his Posts, get his emails and often just check in on him, especially since I want the “Return of the Millipedes”.

Naturally while speaking with him, I fell in love with his new Champagne Dial that displays different colors depending on the lighting, Angle, etc. So can you guess what I did before concluding our dialogue?

Wing, take a break, go on a Holiday, consider a new Vocation (no, skip that one), just give us a rest.
You are too talented for one person. I know several I wish you would make with different styles and shapes but I don’t know when you would fit them in IF you agreed.

Your work and pricing is unparalleled. You are killing me one or more Watches at a time.
As if all this weren’t enough, Wing is a hell of a nice Man as well!!!!

I am sick of it. Occasionally I miss a Post with a new Model. I AM SO HAPPY AT THAT MOMENT. Then I find out about it and “need” it.

I know that many of us suffer from the same affliction -medically known as “Wingisis”.
Like a moth to a light so goes all of us “Wingasites”. I have tried everything but nothing works. I am hooked.
There is only one choice left: THE I HATE WING LIANG SUPPORT GROUP.

Can you go a month or more without buying another Aragon?

Can you tell Wing “I hate that Model. Why don’t you put some more thought into it?”

Can you tell him with a straight face that you can buy a Timex for the same price, why should you buy Aragon?
Can you admit to yourself that when your Spouse and Children go away for a weekend and you breathe that contented sigh of relief, that you will not go online to check out what Wing is offering?

Can you go through Wing Withdrawal or do you need the Betty Ford Clinic.
Come on, think this through: beautiful Watches, very fair prices, good service, a very pleasant Gentleman and, if that isn’t enough, Christina excels at her job.

Put two and two together, this is a conspiracy. Wing, like Dr. Evil, is out to take over the world.
He must be stopped before it is too late!

Join this group before it is too late and we are all Wing Zombie

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: THE I HATE WING LIANG FB GROUP”

Post by TemerityB » July 28th 2020, 6:28pm

Uh ... what did I just read?
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » July 29th 2020, 9:20am

koimaster wrote:
July 28th 2020, 6:23pm
You run into wingnuts everywhere
—————————————-

...So can you guess what I did before concluding our dialogue?...
Bought a tube of OTC goop to cure your impetigo? Bought a 10 lb dumbbell so you could work out your watch wearing arm in order to manipulate it without a trumpian assist from your other arm? Came to your senses and returned to buying primarily Invicta watches? Gosh, there's just so many possibilities.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 29th 2020, 11:56am

Master Wing was always one of the least objectionable of the TeeVee wartche shillers. Indeed, compared to other watchmakers pitchmen, Wing was always there, no matter what the hour, there he was, in the dingy studio of Shop, hawking his shit. Compared to, say, Eyal Lalo, who seldom showed up on the TeeVee bochs, Wing never missed a show. Whereas Eyal was always seen, in the words of a observant member here, as a guy who staggers out of an East German disco, posing on his yellow boat with crack ho models, or on his pony farm, with guys in dressage garb inexplicably riding around on horses, ever, in short, the Panamanian Parvenu, Wing was soft-spoken, a regular guy, outwardly humble.

Adding to this was the fact that Android (and later Aragon) wartchs seldom had their hands fall off, and when they did, one could be pretty sure that you could send it back to Master Wing, who would reattach them and return it, usually fairly quickly. This isn't to say that most Androids/Aragons were in any way tasteful, or finely made, or whatever; they were, for the most part, as garish and vulgar as anything that IWG sold. I myself owned a couple Androids back in the early days, and they were completely forgettable, ho-hum, with remarkably bad finishing.

So, Master Wing's business plan seems to be acting like a regular Joe, treating his customers well, and not charging absurd amounts of dough for his lackluster wares. Obviously, he's been pretty successful--and all the money from Google probably came in pretty handy--and good for him.

What is completely and uncomfortably weird is the man-love Wing engenders from many of his customers, almost all of whom must be straight, judging by their choices of wristwatches--no gay man would be caught dead wearing a 65mm Sea Defender, or whatever the fuck. However, their praise of Master Wing (the "Master" monicker came from his fan-bois, not from my diseased mind) borders on the comical and, possibly, homosexual. I think Rolex is a great brand, but I've never found myself wishing I could suck Hans Wilsdorf's dork.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 29th 2020, 12:33pm

conjurer wrote:
July 29th 2020, 11:56am

What is completely and uncomfortably weird is the man-love Wing engenders from many of his customers, almost all of whom must be straight, judging by their choices of wristwatches--no gay man would be caught dead wearing a 65mm Sea Defender, or whatever the fuck. However, their praise of Master Wing (the "Master" monicker came from his fan-bois, not from my diseased mind) borders on the comical and, possibly, homosexual. I think Rolex is a great brand, but I've never found myself wishing I could suck Hans Wilsdorf's dork.
Wow, the eternal man crush continues!

I have to admit, I'm a bit shocked. After all, it's been more than two or three years since Master Wing decided to sell on his own and not through Slop. I see he's also got his own little YouTube sales concept, which is actually smart at this particular moment in time. No ill will about him or his company; he fixes what he sells, but what he sells are huge cases, day-glo dials, and the clunkiest bracelets ever unleashed before an unsuspecting public, and that's saying something. I guess you can take the man off the TV, but you can't keep the TV hoarders off the Wing.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 6th 2020, 4:02pm

HarvesterUT wrote:
August 6th 2020, 1:18pm
The Divemaster 4 did look slick in the preview photos. The NE88 movement proves it will be priced in the upper end of the "budget" pricing spectrum. I will likely get one myself.
enjoy it. there are reviews of a couple of androids here.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=21446

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9316

And one by a now banned fake naval aviator viewtopic.php?f=58&t=20631

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=20657

And another by a long time member

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Affordable Watch Forum”