Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Affordable Watches including those sold by informercial
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Post by TemerityB » January 2nd 2019, 3:02pm

A great dig-up, koi. I also remember the ass wipe that runs SO claiming they "won" the suit because they only had to pay a dollar. As if taking 1,000 watches and pulling them off the market is some sort of victory.

As a tireless watch fan (I really do comb the catacombs looking at watches all the time, everywhere), I know one thing is for sure - SO has NOT learned its lesson. The following pics are from Amazon:

Anyone want an Aqua Terra?

Why suffer though that long wait for a Daytona?

And a host of watches that take design "cues" from everyone from GO to Tissot.

And on it goes. But to me, an homage is an homage; happens all the time. But remember the Chinese tourbillons (a joke in and of themselves) with the free styrofoam pellets included in the case as a booby prize? The skeletons that literally fall apart as they sit in your watch box? And so it goes? SO, SO & CO, Akribos, whatever they call themselves these days - these are slapped-together shit watches even at 1/10th what they're asking for them.

We ride Invicta, sure - but I've always believed that Stuhrling is bout five pegs below anything Lalo has ever done. Being a fly in their oatmeal, even from afar, remains a moment of pure satisfaction for me; here's hoping Swatch keeps their retainer on speed dial.

And for any lurkers or anyone else who might think I'm being over the top: No less an expert than PhatKat Collections on YouTube described Stuhrling Original as "a fantastic watch company."

I rest my case.
Last edited by TemerityB on January 2nd 2019, 3:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » January 2nd 2019, 3:09pm

TemerityB wrote:A great dig-up, koi. I also remember the ass wipe that runs SO claiming they "won" the suit because they only had to pay a dollar. As if taking 1,000 watches and pulling them off the market is some sort of victory.

As a tireless watch fan (I really do comb the catacombs looking at watches all the time, everywhere), I know one thing is for sure - SO has NOT learned its lesson. The following pics are from Amazon:

Anyone want an Aqua Terra?

And on it goes. .

Hell, TB...they look nothing alike. Omega has a horizontal dial pattern and the SO had vertical.
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » January 2nd 2019, 3:12pm

JAS1125 wrote:Hell, TB...they look nothing alike. Omega has a horizontal dial pattern and the SO had vertical.

Gee, my bad. :wink:
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » June 20th 2019, 9:50am

Falstaff wrote:Died of erotic asphyxiation while wearing ruby slippers and clutching nude photo of Judy Garland.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » September 11th 2019, 9:50am

ecitydoc.com_fyiswatch-group-and-sthrling-settle-men-in-black-watch-lawsuit.pdf
From the old watchgeeks site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Frugal Connoisseur's Corner”