Comments in Sales threads

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Comments in Sales threads

Post by koimaster » March 27th 2015, 10:38am

Please avoid commenting in sales threads. Use the PM system or email. It is beginning to look like watchgeek/WIT sales threads at times.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Comments in Sales threads

Post by eddiea » September 13th 2016, 3:07pm

fatman wrote:
codguy wrote:Bump.

That a sweet bump you put up there codguy. It's a shame you are waisting it like that. If I had the money I would be all over that bump. I have been looking for one just like that for some time. GLWB.

True is , the gratuitously nerdy, redundant, unnecessary (and sometimes just plain stupid) comments in the sales threads, look like something out the Geeks or WIT handbook...I agree with Alain
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 13th 2016, 3:37pm

eddiea wrote:
fatman wrote:

That a sweet bump you put up there codguy. It's a shame you are waisting it like that. If I had the money I would be all over that bump. I have been looking for one just like that for some time. GLWB.

True is , the gratuitously nerdy, redundant, unnecessary (and sometimes just plain stupid) comments in the sales threads, look like something out the Geeks or WIT handbook...I agree with Alain

Yup. Commenting in FS threads is cray-cray.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
Darksider
Founder
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Darksider » September 13th 2016, 4:05pm

eddiea wrote:
fatman wrote:

:yeah taht:

"wound up halfway under a slab of cement in the Pentagon on 9/11. 17 surgeries over a 28-month period"
Iraq - "And don't you dare tell me it's bullshit; I was there, (Iraq) and I know what I saw.)"
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 13th 2016, 6:30pm

I brought this up about six or seven months ago, and a couple of people reacted like I had three heads, like they'd never heard of such a thing.

I agree, obviously. It also does nobody any good to post "I can't afford it," which I've never understood. Thanks, koi.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » September 13th 2016, 8:17pm

If my daughter wasn't in college, my dog just had four teeth removed, my sailboat needs serious hull repairs and my sales are way off, if not for these mitigating factors I would buy this watch.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » September 14th 2016, 2:21am

TemerityB wrote:I brought this up about six or seven months ago, and a couple of people reacted like I had three heads, like they'd never heard of such a thing.

I agree, obviously. It also does nobody any good to post "I can't afford it," which I've never understood. Thanks, koi.

Some like to push their luck and see how far they can go ignoring Alain's requests, past experiences show that attitude tend to backfire.....
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 14th 2016, 7:49am

eddiea wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I brought this up about six or seven months ago, and a couple of people reacted like I had three heads, like they'd never heard of such a thing.

Some like to push their luck and see how far they can go ignoring Alain's requests, past experiences show that attitude tend to backfire.....

Yup. I would point out as well that it can show a shallow disregard of the OP's intent, which is selling a watch. While some members think they're doing the OP a favor by posting, say, a benign "GLWS!", which I myself have done, helps the OP by giving the thread a bump, it also opens the door to less helpful comments to be added.

The only caveat I would add to this is for members to feel free to post in auction threads, which helps bump the threads and also adds a certain carnival attitude to them. I have no issue with that at all--indeed, I believe the bumps that come from the remarks draw more people into the threads, and possibly spur bidding. However, in the last hour of the auction, people should refrain from posting anything expect final bids.

Off my soapbox now. Carry on!

**(@
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » September 14th 2016, 5:00pm

koimaster wrote:Please avoid commenting in sales threads. Use the PM system or email. It is beginning to look like watchgeek/WIT sales threads at times.

I don't see the problem personally. I'm not looking for a conflict, but it says uncensored on the front door. I'll keep my comments relevant, as usual.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » September 14th 2016, 5:12pm

Quite so. Steve never bitched if Conjurer or I chimed in with some gratuitous Ball snark.

Then again About Time is out of business but I would wager neither Conjurer nor I are prepared to accept responsibility.

Perhaps if one wishes a "for sale" thread to be treated as holy one should get one's happy ass to WUS forthwith.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
eddiea

Post by eddiea » September 14th 2016, 6:09pm

Hawk wrote:Perhaps if one wishes a "for sale" thread to be treated as holy one should get one's happy ass to WUS forthwith.

Perhaps if some refrain from the excessive and gratuitous bullshit (as Alain is asking), folks would actually consider to post more here, since most are already taking their happy asses to the much higher traffic sales forum at WUS
foghorn (Online)

Post by foghorn » September 14th 2016, 6:21pm

bedlam wrote:
koimaster wrote:Please avoid commenting in sales threads. Use the PM system or email. It is beginning to look like watchgeek/WIT sales threads at times.

I don't see the problem personally. I'm not looking for a conflict, but it says uncensored on the front door. I'll keep my comments relevant, as usual.

A sales sub-forum differs from the "discussion fora" in that it is a (in most cases) a free area of the forum for members to conduct what amounts to a small business. Many forums have stringent requirements even to post in their sales areas.
Common courtesy should be enough to prompt members to not distract from the sellers effort to make a buck. Since some sales posts have been totally deviated from the original intent and require a redirect to get back on topic it's best to keep the thread the property of the seller exclusively.
Only the seller should be allowed to post in his/her sales thread. An edit or Ideally a "SOLD"
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » September 14th 2016, 6:21pm

eddiea wrote:Perhaps if some refrain from the excessive and gratuitous bullshit (as Alain is asking), folks would actually consider to post more here, since most are already taking their happy asses to the much higher traffic sales forum at WUS

Perhaps.

But since both Koi and Conjurer have at one time or another taken time out of their day to fuck with About Time and i find both Steve and Holly to be out of the business the whining is falling on deaf ears insofar as I'm concerned.

On the other hand I did appreciate everybody's help in aiding my purchase of the Junghans from Yan but from all I can determine she's left the business.

Or, not to put too fine a point on it, the whiners can get fucked. They made their bed hence they can lie in it.

Granted, I kind of miss Steve and Holly so I might be prejudiced here.

But if you actively fuck up the business of people I care about then I suppose it's unrealistic to expect a whole lot of sympathy from me.
...bobbee
eddiea

Post by eddiea » September 14th 2016, 6:29pm

Hawk wrote:
eddiea wrote:Perhaps if some refrain from the excessive and gratuitous bullshit (as Alain is asking), folks would actually consider to post more here, since most are already taking their happy asses to the much higher traffic sales forum at WUS

Perhaps.

Perhaps indeed , well worth trying.....
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » September 14th 2016, 6:35pm

eddiea wrote:Perhaps indeed , well worth trying.....

Quite so. I recall being on the phone with both Steve and Holly at one time or another with my basic message being "if you can't stand the heat, get your ass from out the kitchen".

If I can tell Steve and Holly that without guilt I can for sure as fuck tell anyone else the same thing.

If you want the "for sale" WL forum to be the "kinder and gentler" place than WL needs to be the "kinder and gentler" place.

...and I'm not sure any of us really wants that.
Last edited by Hawk on September 14th 2016, 6:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
...bobbee
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 14th 2016, 6:37pm

The last thing I sold here--my Oris 65 to Loaf--I offered up in the Members Only forum with a Friends and Family discount, precisely because I wanted somebody here to get it, rather than dealing with the many jerkoffs at WUS. I offered it in the MO section because I didn't want an outsider to see the deal.

Much of the time, when I post something here in the FS forum, all I get is crickets. This isn't a bitch, it's just the way things are going. Most of my deals are made over at WUS, for better or worse. I personally don't care if I get chatter in my FS posts here, although I agree with both what Eddie and Foggy are saying.

**(@
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » September 14th 2016, 6:45pm

I don't sell watches.

Seriously. I have never once sold a watch or traded a watch. Ever.

I'll sometimes donate the overflow. And I won't do it outside this forum where it is either for bandwidth or goulash or whatthefuckever.

But please don't fuck with people I like only to suggest I shouldn't do likewise. Steve and Holly were routinely fucked with.

Not that I've ever fucked with a "for sale" thread but this goddam double standard has me wondering if I shouldn't start. This is the uncensored watch forum. Suck it up.
...bobbee

Return to “Watches for Sale”