5000, Pimped

Digital and Smart watches
DoctorIvey (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Re: 5000, Pimped

Post by DoctorIvey » March 7th 2022, 5:44am

jason_recliner wrote:
March 7th 2022, 4:41am
Pure speculation but I wonder if the polishing is done by a contractor. Would Casio have Sallaz polishing plant in-house? Could it be the same company that makes GS cases? The handset used in The Citizen looks a lot like the classic GS handset. Could that company - can't remember the name - be doing high end manufacturing and finishing for the Big Three?
IMO, either is feasible. It would be interesting to find out.
DoctorIvey (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » March 7th 2022, 6:12am

I just read the article. I have no doubt these will sell out and I see why Toby likes them. I really like the Hanna-Barbara Mr G, as I am descended from many generations of samurai, and the legends and artifacts abound especially in the homes of my cousins in Kyoto. But 8g for a G? Sure I guess. But not from me. Anybody know how the Mr G has historically retained value, and the cost of the earlier Mr. G’s?
Sadly, 4 or 8 thousand isn’t what it was pre Covid. Every day I see how much-used and often cruddy bike stuff is selling for and it makes me blanch. Imagine a modern Timex Waterbury selling, after 35 years of hard use, for five grand and you get the idea.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » March 7th 2022, 4:07pm

jason_recliner wrote:
March 7th 2022, 4:41am
Pure speculation but I wonder if the polishing is done by a contractor. Would Casio have Sallaz polishing plant in-house? Could it be the same company that makes GS cases? The handset used in The Citizen looks a lot like the classic GS handset. Could that company - can't remember the name - be doing high end manufacturing and finishing for the Big Three?
This makes sense-------

Sallaz and Zaratsu polishing could easily be done by one contractor. In China . :mrgreen: I think you're onto something.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^

Return to “Digital Watches”