Nixon's Mission smartwatch

Digital and Smart watches
Darksider
Founder
Facebook ID: 0

Nixon's Mission smartwatch

Post by Darksider » November 17th 2016, 11:41am

If you have a smartwatch, chances are you’re fairly protective of it, preventing it from getting too wet, too beat up, or too knocked around. After all, a smartwatch is little more than a computer on your wrist that costs several hundred dollars. But the new Nixon Mission, a $400 Android Wear smartwatch that’s available for preorder starting today and will be shipping on October 10th, is designed to get wet and get knocked around and keep on going.

With its rugged design, the Mission is specifically built with surfers and snowboarders in mind — Nixon’s core demographic — and can provide alerts to surf and snow conditions and even track sessions. This isn’t the smartwatch you wear to the boardroom or out on a date — this is the watch you put on when you’re headed to the break to get pitted or getting on a helicopter to shred some gnar.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/12/12864 ... y-features

Quotes from the fake naval aviator misterjingles. Not a pilot, or 9/11 survivor.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: Nixon's Mission smartwatch

Post by biglove » November 17th 2016, 9:36pm

conjurer wrote:Dang! Yet another reason not to buy Nixon.

I have yet to see a Nixon I would spend even $20 on. Maybe if I possessed a 12" wrist I might find them more appealing.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
SynMike
Founding Member

Post by SynMike » November 17th 2016, 10:59pm

No smart watches for me. To really use a smart watch, I think it has to become part of your all-day every day habit, to make it 2nd nature. That precludes me from wearing any of my other watches. No thanks. Carrying a phone all the time is okay with me. I don't need another similar device, or one that really only does smart things for me while I am already carrying my phone. My phone does it all better.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 18th 2016, 6:58am

svaglic wrote:About 10 years ago, I picked this one up.

Hey, I was surfing then and thought the bamboo was cool, how could I resist?

Best looking Nixon I have seen. Very '70s, as Russ said.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe

Return to “Digital Watches”