Formex- the Reef COSC

koimaster
Founder

Formex- the Reef COSC

Post by koimaster » October 18th 2020, 12:09pm

Late 2020 sees Swiss Formex release one of its most hotly-anticipated modern watches to date: the REEF Automatic Chronometer COSC 300M. The REEF was built on the success of the sporty/dress Formex Essence collection and introduces the first modern diver’s watch to the growing boutique mechanical watchmaker. Community has been everything to Formex, which not only launches the REEF collection with an online configurator tool allowing for product personalization, but the REEF name itself was actually selected via a promotion with the timepiece enthusiast community on aBlogtoWatch. This is a timepiece specifically intended for today’s passionate and discriminating watch lover. Formex has had some diver-style watches in the distant past, but the Reef is its first truly modern diver’s watch and represents the current personality of the Formex brand.

Formex also introduces a totally new brand logo on the Reef that updates the more than 20-year-old previous Formex logo. The original logo was designed when Formex, as a brand, was thoroughly inspired by the world of car racing and motorsports. Today, under newer ownership, Formex continues to celebrate its roots but is notably agile with the times. Today, Formex produces more watches for more people in a greater number of places around the world. Formex owner Raphael Granito wanted a logo that represented what Formex is today. “Formex” as a name is a combination of “Form” (in terms of shape) and “Extreme” (in terms of performance). The new graphical element for the logo combines the letters “F” and “X” along with an infinity loop.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/swiss-form ... krayMn7QGY

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Formex- the Reef COSC

Post by TemerityB » October 18th 2020, 4:06pm

biglove wrote:
October 18th 2020, 12:14pm
Not a bad looking watch, has been well reviewed. Overpriced in my opinion and could be a bit smaller. Olive drab is the new blue.
Funny - I was thinking it was a bargain. Seriously - it's hard to find COSC at that MSRP, and I'd wager these will be found gray after a bit.

I got to check out the Formex line last year at the Word & Wound fair and I thought they were built like tanks. I tried on their initial diver, but didn't care much for the styling - these look more like actual divers than the original ones did (all marked now as "sold out" on the Formex website). I don't know how well the relaunch is going, but these seem to be really nice pieces.

Long Island Watch is an AD for Formex.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » October 18th 2020, 4:57pm

TemerityB wrote:
October 18th 2020, 4:06pm
biglove wrote:
October 18th 2020, 12:14pm
Not a bad looking watch, has been well reviewed. Overpriced in my opinion and could be a bit smaller. Olive drab is the new blue.
Funny - I was thinking it was a bargain. Seriously - it's hard to find COSC at that MSRP, and I'd wager these will be found gray after a bit.

I got to check out the Formex line last year at the Word & Wound fair and I thought they were built like tanks. I tried on their initial diver, but didn't care much for the styling - these look more like actual divers than the original ones did (all marked now as "sold out" on the Formex website). I don't know how well the relaunch is going, but these seem to be really nice pieces.

Long Island Watch is an AD for Formex.
Have not read a single bad thing about them. Reluctant to spend that kind of coin though on a relatively new brand. Used, could be worth a shot. Still betting they wear large.

For anyone considering, there is a thread over at MOT where a code and process is detailed to get the $300 bracelet for free when you order the watch.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » October 18th 2020, 7:50pm

Overall it is an attractive watch. The small hands and a low-contrast bezel make it less desirable for me though
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.

Return to “Fortis, Formex and Oris watches”