Oris X Momotaro Jeans

koimaster
Founder

Oris X Momotaro Jeans

Post by koimaster » April 25th 2020, 10:10pm

Trade show season is here again, and while there may not be physical debut events to attend here in 2020, brands are still forging ahead with this year’s Watches and Wonders online. As part of this event, independent favorite Oris has announced a new addition to its Divers Sixty-Five dive watch lineup in conjunction with premium Japanese denim brand Momotaro: the Oris X Momotaro Divers Sixty-Five Special Edition. This new release combines the modern classic two-tone Divers Sixty-Five skin diver formula with the aesthetics and materials of high-end luxury jeans for an oddly satisfying combination.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/oris-x-mom ... ohTH6cO7pw

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Oris X Momotaro Jeans

Post by conjurer » April 25th 2020, 11:50pm

This is so fucking ghey that I'll have to locate a Cabriole table leg to hammer up my fucking ass.

At least it comes with a warlet.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 26th 2020, 6:57am

OK, so the only „special” thing about it is the jeans/denim strap. Got a better idea: buy a standard Oris 65, grab an old (and tattered to the point of not being wearable anymore) pair of jeans, a sewing kit, make a strap out of said jeans, and install it on the 65. Far more cost-effective.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » April 26th 2020, 3:04pm

biglove wrote:
April 25th 2020, 11:53pm
Well, I guess jeans are a far bigger deal than I would have imagined. Go figure.

Looked them up. $300+ for jeans? This is a new level of stupid.

https://momotaro-jeans.com/bottoms/jeans.html
Oh, yeah. Japanese jeans seem to be the rage these days. I think they get Shinto monks to stomp on the denim to get the dye to soak in just right. Or they make similar claims. I can only imagine the backstories written for startkicker jeans.

I get my jeans at a place called Pants Barn. Locally owned, they carry all the brands you care about; Levis, Lee, Carhartt, Wrangler, Dickies. They also carry every variety and size you could think of. They are also my source for Liberty overalls. I can get my choice of Carhartt t-shirts there without having to fight off the lesbians at the shirt rack. :-)

I don't think I've ever paid more that $30 for a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » April 26th 2020, 3:07pm

bbattle wrote:
April 26th 2020, 3:04pm
biglove wrote:
April 25th 2020, 11:53pm
Well, I guess jeans are a far bigger deal than I would have imagined. Go figure.

Looked them up. $300+ for jeans? This is a new level of stupid.

https://momotaro-jeans.com/bottoms/jeans.html
Oh, yeah. Japanese jeans seem to be the rage these days. I think they get Shinto monks to stomp on the denim to get the dye to soak in just right. Or they make similar claims. I can only imagine the backstories written for startkicker jeans.

I get my jeans at a place called Pants Barn. Locally owned, they carry all the brands you care about; Levis, Lee, Carhartt, Wrangler, Dickies. They also carry every variety and size you could think of. They are also my source for Liberty overalls. I can get my choice of Carhartt t-shirts there without having to fight off the lesbians at the shirt rack. :-)

I don't think I've ever paid more than $30 for a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » April 26th 2020, 3:11pm

Oh, the Oris watch looks good but that strap with "Battle stripes" looks quite ghey, to paraphrase that icon of understatement, Conjurer.

That bronze bezel will turn brown and mostly stay brown; unless somebody is of the nervous type and likes to fiddle with their bezel.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 26th 2020, 3:42pm

bbattle wrote:
April 26th 2020, 3:11pm

That bronze bezel will turn brown and mostly stay brown; unless somebody is of the nervous type and likes to fiddle with their bezel.
The bezel is going to turn brown from being fisted into the boo-tays of many unfortunate bears.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » April 26th 2020, 9:18pm

As an Oris fan, allow me this:

Blecchhh.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Fortis, Formex and Oris watches”