Oris Source of Life Limited Edition

koimaster
Founder

Oris Source of Life Limited Edition

Post by koimaster » March 5th 2018, 9:50am

Water scarcity is one of the main social problems of our time. Despite growing awareness and the efforts of governments and non-profit organizations, the lack of drinkable water is still a problem in many parts of the world. It is estimated that half a billion people in the world face severe water scarcity all year round. In an effort to raise awareness about this important problem, Swiss watchmaker has released a limited edition watch that that celebrates water – the source of life. The new Oris Source of Life Limited Edition highlights the plight of the world’s water sources and opens a new chapter in the brand’s mission to bring change for the better.

http://www.watchallure.com/oris-source- ... hAllure%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Oris Source of Life Limited Edition

Post by TemerityB » March 5th 2018, 2:56pm

I'm an Oris fan, but WTF.

I don't know how just "bringing attention" with a watch does dick. Donate the profits to water conservation efforts? Okay. Putting out a watch to remind people of the dangers of water scarcity? Utter bullshit - it's like walking around with my turgid Johnson hanging out of my fly to bring attention to animal cruelty; one thing doesn't tie in with the other in the least.

A watch that celebrates water. Get the fuck outta here with this one.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » March 5th 2018, 3:20pm

TemerityB wrote:Utter bullshit - it's like walking around with my turgid Johnson hanging out of my fly to bring attention to animal cruelty; one thing doesn't tie in with the other in the least.

In Idaho, it might.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » March 5th 2018, 5:45pm

biglove wrote:Nice but the theme is utter BS.

That's the thing - that's a pretty sharp piece. Dumb, with frosting.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » March 5th 2018, 6:49pm

foghorn wrote:
conjurer wrote:It takes 34,000 gallons of freshwater to make a ton of steel. Just saying.

And 2 inches to drown someone. :twisted:

What kind of wood doesn't float?
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye

Return to “Fortis, Formex and Oris watches”