Fortis Baselworld 2016: the Novelties

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » March 20th 2016, 10:25am

Written by Michael Stockton on Mar 20, 2016

At last year’s Baselworld, Blaise and I visited Fortis as we really hadn’t made contact with the brand during the last several years. We were pretty impressed with their new offerings at the time and their overall range. In fact, I reviewed the then-new Tycoon chronograph and Blaise reviewed a Monolith. We enjoyed the watches, and therefore, were looking forward to the Fortis Baselworld 2016 releases. I’ll go ahead and surprise the hell out of you with this statement; Fortis brought amongst the best – if not the most attractive and reasonable – all around new collections of sports watches in the entire show. Believe it…or don’t…but let’s take a look.

http://www.fratellowatches.com/fortis-b ... novelties/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Fortis Baselworld 2016: the Novelties

Post by TemerityB » March 20th 2016, 5:41pm

jaw wrote:I like Fortis a lot but never seem to get around to buying one.

Same here. Last year, I was sizing up a Fortis and an Eterna, and opted for the latter.

But...damn. Those new ones are mint. If my recollection is correct, our own eddiea is a big Fortis fan, so I hope he catches this thread.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » March 20th 2016, 5:43pm

Everytime I think about liking the brand I think of the Mephistophelian Stephen Jay hawking 'em on Urine, talking about how "strong" and "masculine" they are. And then I lose my boner.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » March 20th 2016, 5:50pm

conjurer wrote:Everytime I think about liking the brand I think of the Mephistophelian Stephen Jay hawking 'em on Urine, talking about how "strong" and "masculine" they are. And then I lose my boner.

Gotta remember - Ol' Shark Chum Man is the distributor, not the brand.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » March 21st 2016, 11:10am

Got to hand it to Fortis. Like the new models. Agree with DB and Falstaff that the Aeromaster Steel is the tits. Nice clean dial.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln

Return to “Fortis, Formex and Oris watches”