Formex Essence Review

koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Formex Essence Review

Post by koimaster » July 12th 2019, 10:31am

Formex is, no doubt, a brand you’ve been seeing a lot on blogs and social media accounts. I can’t account for the upsurge in interest (good marketing team, is my guess) but we get to ride that wave of goodwill. We’ve had a few different Formex model on our pages before, and we’ve got some hands-on reviews we’re working on as well. The first of those is around one of their newest watches, the Formex Essence.

The Formex Essence is the brand’s take on a dress watch, while still keeping some of their design DNA in play. This takes the form of the hex head details. This shows up around the bezel, and on the crown. For the bezel hexes, those most commonly are what house the spring-loaded mechanism that protects the case (more on that in a future review). This is still the case here as well, just in a much stealthier manner than we’re used to. Visually, however, the case shape and details do keep with what the brand has done before. They’ve also put some alternating surfaces finishes in place (the bevel are polished, and the rest is brushed) which is a treatment I like, given that it keeps fingerprints and smudges down.

https://wristwatchreview.com/2019/07/11 ... ce-review/

Tech Specs from Formex

Movement
Automatic Sellita SW200-1 (COSC) or ETA 2824 (non-COSC)
Case
Diameter: 43mm
Lug width: 22mm
Lug-to-lug: 49mm
Weight: 95g
Material: stainless steel
Height: 10mm
Specials: Patented case suspension
Waterproofness: 10ATM (100 m)
Dial/Glass: Top and bottom sapphire crystal anti-reflective and hard-coated
Bracelet: Stainless Steel or leather with deployment clasp
If ordering the bracelet, can get in 0.5cm increments