2020 Breitling Chronomat B01 42 with Rouleaux Bracelet

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

2020 Breitling Chronomat B01 42 with Rouleaux Bracelet

Post by Racer-X » April 17th 2020, 1:25am

"The name “Chronomat” can refer to multiple watches at Breitling and holds a significant place in the brand’s history. Of course, the first watch to bear this name was a 1940 Chronograph, which was one of the first watches with a slide-rule bezel. However, for most watch enthusiasts the name Chronomat refers to an icon of the 1980s, to one of Breitling’s most powerful designs. And today, the brand is bringing it back with an eye-catching case, the signature Rouleaux bracelet and several limited editions, including the “Frecce Tricolori”. Meet the 2020 Breitling Chronomat B01 42 Collection."

https://monochrome-watches.com/2020-bre ... ori-price/

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 2020 Breitling Chronomat B01 42 with Rouleaux Bracelet

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 17th 2020, 4:44am

Odd as it might sound, I really like the looks of it. Could be because it looks so much better than the Chronomats from the last two decades.
The panda version (pictured in the original post) seems like the best of the new model - the inverse panda is a bit idiotic, as some genius thought it fit to use pale silver hands on pale silver subdials, making the bloody thing even less legible than the registers on the Daytona.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MAX » April 17th 2020, 5:03am

Now that one I could live with very easily !! Love that bracelet and who really needs to be able to see what time it is anyway.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » April 18th 2020, 2:46pm

Budman2k wrote:
April 17th 2020, 11:17am
That's a beauty! I love everything about it but the crown. Just doesn't seem to match therest of the watch....but I'd still take it.
Looking forward to your purchase and review.

Oh, and here is another one of those Breitling citrus crowns and so far no ridicule from the unwashed (though they could be laughing at me behind my back)

-----> On the bright side.....it doesn't have a IWG cable set attached.

Return to “Breitling”