Review: Breitling Navitimer 8 B01 Chronograph

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Review: Breitling Navitimer 8 B01 Chronograph

Post by Racer-X » October 6th 2018, 8:44am

"Ever since George Kern took over the helm at Breitling, the brand had seen some interesting developments – both in its concept, as well as the philosophy of the brand. The new Navitimer collection is a glimpse into what the new Breitling is all about.

Breitling is a brand that is synonymous with aviation. Its deep history is perhaps entrenched in one of its most iconic collection: the Navitimer. First launched in 1952, the Navitimer is one of the watches that many pilots swears by – especially with its signature slide rule complication that serves as a back-up in terms of calculations in the event that flight computers were down.

The new Navitimer 8 is an interesting prospect. The collection pays homage to Huit Aviation Department, which was incepted in 1938 to produce cockpit flight instruments and classic pilot’s watches. “Huit”, which stands for 8 in French, is notably a reference to the 8 days power reserve that these flight instruments possess."

https://deployant.com/review-breitling-navitimer-8-b01-chronograph/
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Review: Breitling Navitimer 8 B01 Chronograph

Post by Thunder1 » October 6th 2018, 9:06am

I've found that the traditional Navitimer B1 has a rather busy dial, akin to a...
much prefer the new B01...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Review: Breitling Navitimer 8 B01 Chronograph

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 6th 2018, 5:35pm

Having revised my initial thoughts on this one, I arrived at the conclusion that it's not half bad. The odd lug width of 23mm is idiotic, though. The bezel isn't really useful, but neither is the one in Hanharts and the old "1928 pattern" watches.

One thing that's really idiotic, is that these watches are already available, yet the watches used for the review are dummies with non-operational movements. Fuck me, what's the point of reviewing a dummy sample?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Breitling”