New Release: Breitling Colt Skyracer

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: New Release: Breitling Colt Skyracer

Post by TemerityB » February 26th 2017, 3:54pm

Another one I'd have to see in real time.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » February 26th 2017, 5:13pm

The aeroplane picture is as phony as the rivets themselves. Breitling sponsors a jet team, slumming on a photoshopped taildragger seems a little cheap.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 27th 2017, 8:11am

I see two things wrong with this watch:

1. The size. I mean, why 45mm? Would it hurt them to make it in more sizes? I'm not saying "dump the 45mm in favour of smaller ones", I'm saying "make more size versions of this watch." The lugs sure don't look short on this one, so a bloke with not particularly large wrists (exempli gratia: mine are 6.5 to 6.75 on a hot day) might have problems with the lugs approaching what's called "lug overhang"- when the watch actually sticks out beyond the wrist.

2. The strap. Indeed it looks odd, and combined with the size of the watch, one could think that the watch was designed for someone with an inadequacy of the most obvious sort (the one that gets people to buy an Escalade or something equally big, flashy and fugly).

The strap can of course be replaced, something like a khaki or olive green NATO would do- but it's still too big.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 27th 2017, 8:24am

codguy wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
The strap can of course be replaced, something like a khaki or olive green NATO would do- but it's still too big.

A NATO strap on any watch is beyond Gay, even more so on a Breitling.

FFS

Even when the watch has fixed lugs, because it was made in the 1930s?
tissot1939-1.jpg

Try finding a single-piece strap that's not a NATO- they're pretty hard to come by these days. They're out there, but the choice is very, very limited.

A NATO with some eye-fucking colours to it might well be ghey, but a black/khaki strap, which was an actual military issue pattern? What's ghey about that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 27th 2017, 10:36am

bobbee wrote:
Britboy wrote:Oooo, will it make me more youthful and dynamic..

I think it's a watch, not a magic wand! :lol:

That has a strap that some(short guys) could use to measure the length of their magic wands...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
bobbee
Master of Time

Post by bobbee » February 27th 2017, 10:57am

Thunder1 wrote:
bobbee wrote:
Britboy wrote:Oooo, will it make me more youthful and dynamic..

I think it's a watch, not a magic wand! :lol:

That has a strap that some(short guys) could use to measure the length of their magic wands...

ad infinitum... ;)

Return to “Breitling”