Seiko Presage collection

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko Presage collection

Post by TemerityB » January 15th 2021, 3:46pm

^^^^ Another great example of how a user pic shows the watch far better than the company's own hype photo did. I didn't like it in the first photo, but seeing it on your wrist changed my mind instantly.
Best of luck to all my longtime friends here. Please stay safe, always.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » January 15th 2021, 3:51pm

iwasbanned wrote:
January 15th 2021, 3:44pm
bbattle wrote:
January 15th 2021, 2:38pm
Interesting they didn't include the colors found overseas.

Should I buy an Alpinist or that green Presage?
It's easy:
WT actual F? You are a Seiko high level freak my man, awesome collection. Now I must ask, do you shave your arms or are you 12 yrs. old? If you tell me you have a medical condition, I will feel like such an asshole I will leave the interwebz.
Drifter on Watchlords
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » January 15th 2021, 4:36pm

TemerityB wrote:
January 15th 2021, 3:46pm
^^^^ Another great example of how a user pic shows the watch far better than the company's own hype photo did. I didn't like it in the first photo, but seeing it on your wrist changed my mind instantly.
The stock strap doesn't do it any favors either. Luckily I had a nice camille fournet laying around to through on it. I think the combination looks outstanding.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » January 15th 2021, 4:43pm

Thanks, iwasbanned. That green dial with gold hands is the cat's meow. And your leather straps are killer!

If watchnoob would take another look at your pics, he'd realize your hands are big enough to pick up small horses and he shouldn't be worried about arm hair. :Thumbsup:
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » January 15th 2021, 4:46pm

Watch Noob wrote:
January 15th 2021, 3:51pm
WT actual F? You are a Seiko high level freak my man, awesome collection. Now I must ask, do you shave your arms or are you 12 yrs. old? If you tell me you have a medical condition, I will feel like such an asshole I will leave the interwebz.
Ha! I do shave my arms, it makes me go faster in the water when I dive. :)

Actually I think its just my native american blood, I don't have a lot of body hair and struggle to grow a beard. That's okay, I save on razors and don't get my hair stuck when I wear a twist-o-flex strap, not that I've ever worn one, just looking to make myself feel better.

As far as Seiko, they make some nice stuff and I'm a sucker for green. I mean, how can you not love these dials:

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » January 15th 2021, 4:49pm

iwasbanned wrote:
January 15th 2021, 4:46pm
Watch Noob wrote:
January 15th 2021, 3:51pm
Ha! I do shave my arms, it makes me go faster in the water when I dive. :)

Actually I think its just my native american blood, I don't have a lot of body hair and struggle to grow a beard. That's okay, I save on razors and don't get my hair stuck when I wear a twist-o-flex strap, not that I've ever worn one, just looking to make myself feel better.

As far as Seiko, they make some nice stuff and I'm a sucker for green. I mean, how can you not love these dials:
You've got a beautiful collection that anyone including myself could be envious of. Thank God you gave me a reason for your arm hair. :mrgreen:

btw, I was completely shaved for my BB competition in '08. @!<$
Drifter on Watchlords
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » January 15th 2021, 4:52pm

Beautiful threesome, IWB. Wow.

However, I'd take the Alpinist over the Presage. I just really like them, and they look very rich in the metal. Much nicer than expected from seeing photographs. That said, that GMT hi-beat is probably the way to go, if you have the readies.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 15th 2021, 5:01pm

I keep eyeballing a SARX079

1515D111-0DC5-4449-9351-3CF77034D866.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » January 15th 2021, 5:18pm

biglove wrote:
January 15th 2021, 5:01pm
I keep eyeballing a SARX079
Yeah, the new SARX line is great. I was looking at a 033, but I don't really need another, fairly conservative, 'sporty dressy casual' watch.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » January 16th 2021, 8:42am

Seiko seems to have upped their game with their dials lately. These dials, the waffle dials and the wave dials are all very cool looking.
personally, I'd rather see just the sweet GS logo on these dials and not the Grand Seiko underneath. I think it would look better that way.
Drifter on Watchlords

Return to “Seiko”