6309 Refresh

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Re: 6309 Refresh

Post by Watch Noob » January 15th 2021, 1:44pm

So I've been emailing back and forth with Spencer of https://www.kleinvintagewatchrepair.com/
He's very backlogged (months) but was nice enough to give me a few of his trusted service contacts.
I will probably reach out to them to see what their schedules and estimates look like. Spencer is saying: either the setting lever w/ wheel is bad, or the date-driving wheel and/or the intermediary date-driving wheel are bad. Those last two are plastic (which is normally fine but if something stops the watch from advancing, the teeth on one or both can be damaged and then it's replacement time.

I guess this is something you live with on movements that are older......

Drifter on Watchlords
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » January 15th 2021, 2:01pm

bobbee wrote:
January 15th 2021, 1:56pm
I know what you mean, my own all original '85 model has a similar problem... :roll:

Yep, I see it, that does suck! Will it eventually turn over or no you have to manually adjust the day? btw, nice piece, I'd love to see more pics when you have time.
Drifter on Watchlords
bobbee
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bobbee » January 16th 2021, 5:03am

Day wheel won't move, and since my illness I can't use my left hand to work on my watches properly, and I'm left handed.
Will try to get some more pics, have to take pics with a 10 year old Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and transfer to laptop via sd card since my LG G3 quit on me!

Return to “Seiko”