Cancelled Bonhams Seiko Auction: A Dog’s Breakfast

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Cancelled Bonhams Seiko Auction: A Dog’s Breakfast

Post by Racer-X » August 9th 2020, 12:01am

"We take a look at a few pieces from the cancelled online Bonhams Seiko auction. It wasn’t pretty.

In this day and age of negativity online, you might think that we get a lot of joy from breaking apart an auction. Let me be clear: we don’t. But when something was this bad, we need to learn from it. After all, we write a lot about Seiko and especially vintage Seiko. We love the brand and its voluminous catalog.

We’re not sure how this auction ever came to light, but it had the opportunity to cause a lot of havoc. Hey, it was even featured on some other prominent watch sites! And two other points are worth mentioning. First, our header image is one of our watches and not from the cancelled sale. Second, take a look at our recent video on all the vintage Seiko divers. We made it as an overview reference and while it may not be 100% perfect, we think it’s pretty close."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/cancell ... breakfast/

biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Cancelled Bonhams Seiko Auction: A Dog’s Breakfast

Post by biglove » August 9th 2020, 4:23pm

bbattle wrote:
August 9th 2020, 3:58pm
Wow, I wonder how many of these suspect watches were from the same seller?
I believe this was a single collector’s group. Hope he didn’t pay like they were what they pretended to be.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Cancelled Bonhams Seiko Auction: A Dog’s Breakfast

Post by 3Flushes » August 9th 2020, 4:48pm

biglove wrote:
August 9th 2020, 4:23pm
bbattle wrote:
August 9th 2020, 3:58pm
Wow, I wonder how many of these suspect watches were from the same seller?
I believe this was a single collector’s group. Hope he didn’t pay like they were what they pretended to be.
With some of the flaws it's hard to believe that the seller or a big house like those guys didn't catch any of the franken' features noted in the article. I get some, but I'd like to think that even I would have spotted a case back that said water "resist" on a watch with a dial that said water "proof" for Christ's sake.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.

Return to “Seiko”