Found some 4s15 watches

svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Found some 4s15 watches

Post by svaglic » August 2nd 2020, 5:02pm

Apparently Seiko didn’t just use the 4s15 in their watches and the Yema Seaspider, it looks like they sold some to the GSX brand in Japan. I stumbled on to these two GSX’s produced by Noritaka Ishida. I bought them both.

Listed as pre owned and claimed to be dead stock. I couldn’t refuse when I realized that if they aren’t NOS they are real close and they come with their boxes, hang tags etc.
Seller photos suck.
This first one is a limited edition of 100 made for Christmas 1999.

Some will think I paid too much, but I’m pretty sure I could get my money back if I was to sell them, which I won’t. I like the funky 80’s vibe.
Now for the month wait for them to be shipped to me.
I’m pretty excited about this, now I want to scour the web to see if the 4s15 was sold to other brands.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Re: Found some 4s15 watches

Post by Nuvolari » August 2nd 2020, 7:08pm

Cool score! Hey, they 80s were a good time!
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 2nd 2020, 8:38pm

Thanks guys. I’ve been doing some google searches and found some old threads on some forums that mention GSX and the 4s15, but nothing in depth. Anything I’m finding out of Japan doesn’t seem to translate on my tablet. I’ll keep trying to find as much info as I can.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 3rd 2020, 8:39pm

conjurer wrote:
August 2nd 2020, 8:14pm
As always, your collecting continues to impress.
Have to agree - from when you started here to now has been quite a journey.

You're an awesome collector in the real sense of the term, Allison. Learning and discovering stuff as you go along, you are proof that a person can assemble a unique and classy collection without having to shell out thousands every time you buy a watch. You've done it all the right way since day one. And, of course, your taste is immaculate. Great job.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 25th 2020, 11:37am

Here I was saying the sellers pictures sucked, but mine really aren’t that much better. Sucks to be me with a camera.
I will never, never, ever buy a watch that is shipped by DHL. These watches have a horrible story about their trip over.
Check out the crowns, if these were Invicta sized, I could compete in the crown scar thread from WatchGeeks.
Both came in original packing with unopened directions and hang tags. Dead stock. They and the bracelet are well built and seem to be of good quality.
I got these for the movement, I don’t have a red dial, so this will work and the silver dial is nice too with its gold accents.
I now have a 4s12 (upper right) a Seiko 4s15, a Yema 4s15 and these with the 4s15. I’m in search of the green SARB with the 4s15 and the cream dial diver.

Return to “Seiko”