Review: Seiko Presage SRPC03

koimaster
Founder

Review: Seiko Presage SRPC03

Post by koimaster » July 26th 2020, 5:22pm

A new piece here that not much of people, or most of the watch collectors are aware of coming from Seiko. Today we take a dive into a modern dress watch that might tick(?) a lot of newcomers or people who have been considering to get this watch. I managed to steal this piece from my friend Mr Z out for review as it is still in its unworn prestige form. It is the Seiko Presage SRPC03 Limited Edition Sakura Fubuki, as part of the ‘Cocktail Time’ line up in the Presage line.

For those who already know, Seiko often offers the most abundant in terms of value for money for their portfolio that includes the Seiko 5, Prospex, and Presage lineups. That is because Seiko is able to offer an automatic movement that is robust and long-lasting (often goes up to 10 to 20 years without service). For those who don’t know, Seiko as mentioned in my previous article that contributed to the Quartz Revolution, has been the most ‘disruptive’ company in the watch world. This Sakura Fubuki in their lineup, is no exception.

The Sakura Fubuki as mentioned is part of the Presage ‘Cocktail Time’ lineup. While the ‘Cocktail Time’ has a bunch of different dial designs and colourways, the Sakura Fubuki (limited to 3500 pieces) will remain as one of the greatest along the original pre-Presage ‘Cocktail Time’ SARB065, and Presage Starlight.
A little story on how this piece came about before I start going into its specifications. I discovered this Sakura Fubuki while it was on sale at one of the Australian jewellery retailer Angus & Coote for 20% less of its original retail price. I’ve managed to convince Mr Z to get this piece as it is also a limited edition without hesitation. (P.S. The other friend of mine Mr Y is still trying to snag this piece away from Mr Z as he rarely, if not never wear but once. Good luck Mr Y.)

https://shikaiseki.com/2018/11/15/revie ... tail-time/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Seiko”