Seiko Presage Cocktail Automatic L.E.

koimaster
Founder

Seiko Presage Cocktail Automatic L.E.

Post by koimaster » July 23rd 2020, 12:17pm

If you had thought that there would be only one cocktail-related watch release this year you would have been wrong. But unlike the Angelus pieces, these new limited edition pieces from Seiko are more easily acquired.

They may be a niche interest, but Seiko does have a recent history of cocktail-themed-and-named Presage models. Examples are the five pieces in the Cocktail Time Midnight collection, and two collaborations named for Star Bar, including this year’s honeycomb-patterned dial inspired by the bees of Ginza Star Bar 2020, a limited edition created in conjunction with its award-winning head bartender Hisashi Kishi.

It was another bartender (Shinobu Ishigaki, owner of Tokyo’s Bar Ishinohana) whose name was associated with the first Cocktail Time (SARB065), which was launched in 2010 and featured a sunburst dial and polished stainless steel case. It was popular as a bang-for-buck dress watch and discontinued in 2017, but superseded by a collection of watches under the Presage Cocktail Time banner, with models named after specific cocktails and design/ colour elements associated with the relevant beverages. They focused on the same sunburst dial (with minor exceptions) with some updated tweaks and a movement change (which also resulted in a reduced power reserve) from the 6R15 to the 4R35, and more colour options. There was also a split into two branches – the regular Presage Cocktail Time (SRP series), and ones with a date sub dial/ power reserve (SSA series).

https://horologium.com.au/2020/07/23/ne ... matic-l-e/

sexy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko Presage Cocktail Automatic L.E.

Post by TemerityB » July 23rd 2020, 3:36pm

One of the scant few nice things about 2020: Watch sizes, in most places other than TV crap, have come nomal again. Nice.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » July 23rd 2020, 3:56pm

iwasbanned wrote:
July 23rd 2020, 3:38pm
MoT? they were really that cheap?
Yep.

I, too, am waiting for the price to drop further, Svaglic. Waiting for several to drop including the Orient King Diver reissue.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » July 23rd 2020, 4:00pm

iwasbanned wrote:
Manontime.com. Big love told us about it a while back.
It’s a forum that has a thread that just lists sales. It lists them for every crap and every good watch out there. The sale for this was around two or more weeks ago.
I check it every couple of days to see if there is anything I “need”.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » July 23rd 2020, 4:02pm

svaglic wrote:
July 23rd 2020, 4:00pm
iwasbanned wrote:
Manontime.com. Big love told us about it a while back.
It’s a forum that has a thread that just lists sales. It lists them for every crap and every good watch out there. The sale for this was around two or more weeks ago.
I check it every couple of days to see if there is anything I “need”.

You have to wade through some crap watches, but there are some good ones too. They even list sales there for the brands you would like banned. I skip through the cheapies and expensive ones and look for the middle ones.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 24th 2020, 10:15am

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » July 24th 2020, 10:50am

thanks for the pics Alain!
svaglic wrote:
July 24th 2020, 9:02am
Which one did you get?
I picked up the frozen margarita... blue one. but seeing the live pics, i might just have to buy the salmon one as well.
15639884-c770ejy73iq4bb1nsraae8m9-Zoom.jpg
15639858-ktcvhjo78b3tjyw5s3e5ca26-Zoom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Seiko”