Seiko SRPE55

Giclee1dotcom]
Facebook ID: 0

Seiko SRPE55

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 22nd 2020, 4:39am

For better or worse, Seiko made a splash last year with the release of the new Seiko 5 Sports or 5KX collection. The collection, heavily inspired by the cult classic SKX, was met with mixed reviews. When I reviewed the watch, I felt it was not quite a replacement for the SKX but somewhere in between the previous Seiko 5 generation and the SKX.

This summer, Seiko launched the first addition to the new Seiko 5 collection with a model that resembles an SKX, but mostly is not trying to be one. As I go through this review, I will be making some comparisons to the SKX but only because their case shapes are similar, not exactly the same. Looking at photos of the SKX007 and this model, the SRPE55, you can see the similarities, but this shares only some of its DNA instead of being a clone. Let’s check it out.

https://watchclicker.com/2020/06/18/seiko-5-srpe55/

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis
Giclee1dotcom]

Re: Seiko SRPE55

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 22nd 2020, 1:56pm

codguy wrote:
June 22nd 2020, 8:52am
Watch doesn't float my boat, but to each their own......

and the write up gagged me on "it would look equally as awesome on a NATO".
Agree totally about the nato, can’t stand them on any watch, but a Perlon, that’s a different story.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis
Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 24th 2020, 4:27am

artman wrote:
June 23rd 2020, 3:38pm
I like these. I want to see the one with the brushed bezel.
Even though some look like they have a brushed finish bezel, Ive seen talk elsewhere stating that none do. I have no idea what's actually true.

3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » June 24th 2020, 7:18am

Giclee1dotcom] wrote:
June 24th 2020, 4:27am
artman wrote:
Even though some look like they have a brushed finish bezel, Ive seen talk elsewhere stating that none do. I have no idea what's actually true.
With Seiko you never can be sure about anything that ain't in the catalog with all the mods. A couple'a folks could have taken a 3M sponge or a Foredom to it or something.

BTW- Is the sig pic yours? Spectacular.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » July 1st 2020, 8:29am

artman wrote:
It's now been confirmed by some who have purchased that the nato strap models come with a brushed bezel.

Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » July 1st 2020, 8:32am

Still liking this watch so much. It's just great to wear and very comfortable. Also doesn't hurt that after 7 days of wear it's averaging +1.1/spd according to my watchtracker app. Not to shabby for a measley 4r36.

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » July 2nd 2020, 4:25pm

Clean clean. I don't want to look too closely... that's how you end up needing another watch box. And then, those extra pillow cushions beckon more watches, etc. etc..
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “Seiko”