Seiko Presage Arita Porcelain Dial “Suigetsu”

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Seiko Presage Arita Porcelain Dial “Suigetsu”

Post by Racer-X » June 9th 2020, 11:01am

"Having gained a big following for its tremendous value proposition, the Seiko Presage collection often features dials in artisanal finishes such as fired enamel and urushi, combined with solid movements and affordable prices. The latest to join the collection is the Presage Arita Porcelain Dial “Suigetsu”, which has a pure-white porcelain dial matched with dark blue hands and markers.

The colours of the watch take inspiration from Suigetsu (水月) – literally as “water moon” – which describes a subtle, ethereal beauty that might be an illusion. It is also a nod to Tsukimi, which translates as “viewing the moon”, the Japanese autumn moon festival where the moon’s reflection on water is admired."

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/06/seiko- ... getsu.html

MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko Presage Arita Porcelain Dial “Suigetsu”

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 9th 2020, 5:04pm

It's not like it's bad or unappealing, but frankly, all these Seppuku enamel dials crafted on the top of Mt. Bukkake are getting boring. Same thing, over and over again. Doesn't even warrant me inventing another gag for it, other than that about Seppuku enamel dials crafted on the top of Mt. Bukkake.

Looks nice, but triggers no emotions in me except my usual feeling of ambivalence.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Seiko”