Seiko Presage SARX071 Review

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Seiko Presage SARX071 Review

Post by Racer-X » May 9th 2020, 6:07am

"Every now and then, a watch pops up that just strikes a chord, and you know you HAVE to have it. Not want it – need it. For me, several factors have to come in to play for this to occur, so luckily it only happens every now and then. I can’t just like it, it has to be priced right, potentially rare or likely to sell out, and aesthetically different in some way.

That latter point is the most amorphous as I really only know it when I see. Sure, I have my tastes, but there’s an undefined X-factor that pushes me over the edge. So, long story short, these factors came together recently which drove me to impulsively and, perhaps compulsively, pick up the new Seiko Presage SARX071 Crown Chronograph tribute watch."

https://wornandwound.com/review/review- ... -spb129j1/

MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko Presage SARX071 Review

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 9th 2020, 7:40am

It’s nice, but...what the fuck’s wrong with Seiko lately? Faux-SKX/faux-diver 5, now a ”chronograph” that isn’t a chronograph. It’s like they’re into wrist-mounted kitchen timers now.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » May 9th 2020, 3:11pm

For reference.
This watch is equipped with an original Seiko steel bezel, either from factory or replaced later. As the first editions had a black plastic bezel with a very brief lifetime. There is a Frenchman baking nice replacements. I like the steel bezel, but have thougt about getting one.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 9th 2020, 4:15pm

gerdson wrote:
May 9th 2020, 3:11pm
There is a Frenchman baking nice replacements. I like the steel bezel, but have thougt about getting one.
Well, it might be a good idea. The French are good bakers, whether it's about baguettes or bezels.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Seiko”