Watch Noob
Banned

Re: Seiko Revives 'Captain Willard' ‘70s Dive Watch

Post by Watch Noob » January 20th 2021, 4:45pm

Watch Noob wrote:
January 20th 2021, 9:01am
3Flushes wrote:
January 19th 2021, 12:43pm
Not really a dime's worth of difference between the NH35 and the 4r35 other than Seiko may have added a jewel to the 4r35B to make it 24.

Have heard cool things about Steel Dive, AR sapphire glass and some cool touches for a buck-and-a-half, but IDK if they bother to take much time to regulate the movements. I'd take a well regulated NHxx or 4rxx movement over the consigned, barely touched 6r15 any old day.
I don't have a timegrapher....yet
but I just set the time exact using .timeis and will check it this evening to see what the +/- is and let you know. Not the most accurate measurement, but I see people using it as a gage consistently.
So after appx. 7h 45m and having it off the wrist for the past 3 hours, it's at -2s. Not sure if it would be more accurate with wearing it the full time or not, but that may give you an indication.
labman (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by labman » January 21st 2021, 11:39am

^^^ Those a great times

Cecil

I have had really good luck with my Seiko movements, even the lowly 7s26 variants, never had one off by more than +/- 15 sec/day

I have a Timergraph and the +/- can vary by position by as much a 10-15 seconds.

It could be at +2 sec dial up and a -7 sec crown down, I regulate over 6 positions for an average +/- 5 sec/day. Unless you are sleeping with your watch on the position of it varies.

Most important +/- is how it is performing when you are wearing it, preferably over a 3-5 day period.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » January 21st 2021, 12:12pm

Watch Noob wrote:
January 20th 2021, 4:45pm
Watch Noob wrote:
January 20th 2021, 9:01am
3Flushes wrote:
January 19th 2021, 12:43pm
Not really a dime's worth of difference between the NH35 and the 4r35 other than Seiko may have added a jewel to the 4r35B to make it 24.

Have heard cool things about Steel Dive, AR sapphire glass and some cool touches for a buck-and-a-half, but IDK if they bother to take much time to regulate the movements. I'd take a well regulated NHxx or 4rxx movement over the consigned, barely touched 6r15 any old day.
I don't have a timegrapher....yet
but I just set the time exact using .timeis and will check it this evening to see what the +/- is and let you know. Not the most accurate measurement, but I see people using it as a gage consistently.
So after appx. 7h 45m and having it off the wrist for the past 3 hours, it's at -2s. Not sure if it would be more accurate with wearing it the full time or not, but that may give you an indication.
Method's fine for what we want to know- keeps good time if well regulated. 24 hours would likely yield a different number, but given the 8 hour mark I suspect it would be fairly close, I'd purely speculate between -6 and +4

The additional thing you could do if you were so inclined in your mind to would be to clock it at random over time to check the consistency of how it runs. Over the course of 2 or 3 years I'd say would yield good longitudinal data. You could quite easily record the numbers in a little memo book right on your nightstand.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » January 21st 2021, 12:18pm

Watch Noob wrote:
January 21st 2021, 11:13am
At 26hrs we are at -4s
IDK what happened to my above post, it must have gotten hung up till I signed back in for some reason or i fucked up somehow, but I figured that's about where it would be for 24.

Nice-
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^

Return to “Seiko”