Top Vintage Seiko Divers

koimaster
Founder

Top Vintage Seiko Divers

Post by koimaster » April 10th 2020, 10:15pm

List articles are a bit controversial – so you can start your concerns now on this Top Vintage Seiko Divers posting. First off, they’re seen as easy puff pieces to write and many complain that they show little creativity. Second, they naturally exclude some pieces that some feel strongly about while including others that may not be as popular when considering public opinion. But there are some positives for sure, list articles allow for a nice reference of watches in one place. Also, they make for easy reading (and, to a large degree, writing), which is a great thing for the summer holidays. I don’t know about you, but I like to keep things nice and light while I’m poolside sipping a beverage.

Top Vintage Seiko Divers
When talking about the Top Vintage Seiko Divers, it’s important to provide at least a little bit of a framework. With Seiko, there are many rabbit holes to go down and this is equally so when it comes to the brand’s dive watches. One could consider only the Professional pieces, which were created for – you guessed it – Professionals. Equipped with greater water resistance capabilities, screw down crowns, and other innovative features, these represent the top of the top when it comes to Seiko divers and the list would be relatively short. One could also focus solely on the ISO-rated, non-Professional divers, which are still stout and capable, but were marketed more towards the recreational set. These represent the “heart” of the Seiko diver batting order and it’s where we will spend a lot of our time. Then, we have the so-called Sport Divers and these were really light, albeit still good for 70M, sports watches meant more for water sports and skin diving. They’re amongst my favorites, but they’re so numerous that they’d all simply get in the way in this article. Still, you can read more about them here if you’d like. In the end, I think you’ll be left with a decent, and chronologically ordered, sampling of the seminal pieces from what has become a seriously hot sector from one of our favorite marques. I’ve cut things off at 1980 for this overview of the best vintage Seiko divers, so we’ll likely return with a look at what occurred in the 1980’s (hint: A LOT happened!).

https://www.fratellowatches.com/top-vin ... ko-divers/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Re: Top Vintage Seiko Divers

Post by koimaster » April 16th 2020, 11:54pm

04B11217-9234-4536-97FD-52EC944B86B0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Seiko”