Seiko SARX055 Review: The Baby Grand Seiko Snowflake

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Seiko SARX055 Review: The Baby Grand Seiko Snowflake

Post by Racer-X » December 2nd 2019, 10:40am

"The Seiko SARX055 is referred to by some as the baby Grand Seiko Snowflake due to its similarity to the Grand Seiko SBGA011. However, at approximately 1/5th the price of the Grand Seiko, the SARX055 is a much more obtainable watch. However price is relative. This watch can be obtained for just shy of $1,000 which for me was a doozy of a price tag. That being said, it was something I really wanted so I started saving up for it. When the money was saved and the time came to purchase it, I almost balked. It was only with encouragement from my then fiancee (now wife) that I was finally able to pull the trigger. So, was the money worth it for the Seiko SARX055? In short, yes. For the many reasons why, please read on."

https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/seiko-sa ... snowflake/

Last edited by Racer-X on December 2nd 2019, 2:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko SARX055 Review: The Baby Grand Seiko Snowflake

Post by Nuvolari » December 3rd 2019, 9:11pm

It is beautiful - but as I advance deeper into a state of persnickety demeanor, I am no longer able to accommodate hands that are ALMOST the right size for the dial.

Even when they are finished in such a spectacular Grand Seiko manner: they are indeed very well-finished, but my eyes insist it they are 4mm too-short.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko SARX055 Review: The Baby Grand Seiko Snowflake

Post by Thunder1 » December 4th 2019, 4:02am

Interesting points of view on both sides regarding the length of hands...food for thought for me..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Seiko”