So JS has been fired. BFD!!

koimaster
Founder

Re: So JS has been fired. BFD!!

Post by koimaster » April 5th 2011, 12:21pm

kabfoto wrote:I was going to skip posting on this topic, but fuck it. I joined here because someone at BDWF told me about it after I got banned at WG. They said I can say what I want, when I want it and that is all I care about. Other than stating the above, I don't feel I have to justify shit to anyone. Like me or not, I don't care.

I am here to stay and to learn more about watches which are a passion of mine without some jackass banning or censoring me.

well said.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TRU-LYE
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TRU-LYE » April 5th 2011, 2:47pm

well i guess i can add my two cent here.. my first watch forum(or so i thought) was wg. in all honesty I'm very new to watches and like most stumbled on to the shop. long story short i joined geeks and read what i could to learn(not much). it didn't take me long to see something wasn't right. after the dd fiasco i googled dd and was led here. lurked for almost two months before i joined, and the rest is history. i have learned a lot here and will continue to learn. what i will say is this place is not for the weak at heart or easily broken.. if you get outta pocket your ass will be handed to you. for me personally things like that don't make me or break me. i enjoy it here and the wealth of knowledge this place has. wg did it's job too if it wasn't for wg it would have took me longer to see what was going on.. just glad i figured it out sooner than later.. with all the above stated I'm not here for a js/md flame war. it may be entertaining, but I'm here to learn about watches. it's gonna stay that way too.....

Still Kicking

Post by Guest » April 7th 2011, 8:39pm

I think I got tired of fighting with the Skull about 5 years ago. My love for watches still remains and I continue to enjoy reading and learning from the posts. It will be interesting to see what impact the loss will have on SNBC? I predict not as much as he would hope. Some will remember Jim was a Mod on another Ass Wipe forum and I had the rare pleasure of dealing with him there while I was modding for them as well. Funny how things come around. I have been doing a lot of reading and studying and have lost touch with many in the watch world so I want to give a shout out to all and I will be back soon and I really am glad to see some old friends Fog and Koimaster , Peace and congrats on a task well done.
Gary
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 7th 2011, 9:32pm

garwal wrote:I think I got tired of fighting with the Skull about 5 years ago. My love for watches still remains and I continue to enjoy reading and learning from the posts. It will be interesting to see what impact the loss will have on SNBC? I predict not as much as he would hope. Some will remember Jim was a Mod on another Ass Wipe forum and I had the rare pleasure of dealing with him there while I was modding for them as well. Funny how things come around. I have been doing a lot of reading and studying and have lost touch with many in the watch world so I want to give a shout out to all and I will be back soon and I really am glad to see some old friends Fog and Koimaster , Peace and congrats on a task well done.
Gary

Gary, ''long time no see. I hope you stick around and share that knowledge of yours with all of us. The Fora have missed out with you not being on them like back in the day. To the newbies around here, Garwal is one of the long time WIS on forums like Foggy, Eddiea, DX, Boscoe, Mark, Popeye, Don Battles and a few more around here. Just one more person who can share a lot of knowledge with all of us and that is what this is about.

I agree with you about A nobody not having a real impact on Shop sales. He had a following but so does any snakeoil salesman. Now he is posting at facebook mundane comments such " i have a lunch meeting" or I rubbed my tire against the sidewalk or my left testicle was repositioned to the right a 4:03 AM.

1946-2006

DX
Watchlord WIS

Post by DX » April 8th 2011, 6:15am

garwal wrote:I think I got tired of fighting with the Skull about 5 years ago. My love for watches still remains and I continue to enjoy reading and learning from the posts. It will be interesting to see what impact the loss will have on SNBC? I predict not as much as he would hope. Some will remember Jim was a Mod on another Ass Wipe forum and I had the rare pleasure of dealing with him there while I was modding for them as well. Funny how things come around. I have been doing a lot of reading and studying and have lost touch with many in the watch world so I want to give a shout out to all and I will be back soon and I really am glad to see some old friends Fog and Koimaster , Peace and congrats on a task well done.
Gary

Gary good to see you...
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 8th 2011, 7:09am

Yeah, BFD...... 3 weeks after they send out that email, the only rig targeted and you do not want to know what was painted on my daughter's fence.

1946-2006

Jim gone only means another busker will take his place.

Post by Guest » April 9th 2011, 5:38pm

Foggy has started a very good post here with some questions worth asking and considering. Basically it starts out with the reference to the firing of JS. But really, the indictment seems to be (as it should be) against Invicta sales practices and then to a lesser degree, those that stood by it for so long.

Let me start out by pleading guilty. Or, at least guilty early on. Long story short is I have been mesmerized by time pieces since I was a small child. I found Invicta, not on shopnbc but on line. On the low end quartz movements I ordered one and was really pleased with how it looked and especially at the bargain basement price. Next thing I knew I had two or three. Searching the name I found a watch forum. "Watch Talk Forums" to be exact. There I found a crowd of Invicta lovers and even one of our current members here was a moderator on that forum. At the same time, I now was at a forum and hearing a great number of views along with expertise on a bunch of brand and of course, Invicta. As I had always purchased the low in quartz, and had not had issues, I liked it for what I thought it was. But then I started hearing the horror stories about all the service issues and there was plenty of back up for all the complaints. About that time I also heard about Invicta on ShopNBC. I tuned in. Well, yes, I had been taken in to some degree with my purchase but seeing through the sales BS that not only JS put forward but all on that show did, was pretty damn easy. I never liked him from the first and the Lalo was even worse.

I do have to give Invicta this. If it has not been for the brand I may not have ever pursued my love of timepieces. I now own watches by Rolex, Hamilton, Seiko, Citizen, Bulova, and many more great brands. The plain truth is, Invicta did open that door. With that said, I still have to state my great disdain for the brand. I feel there is no length they will not go to to sell their product and certainly they attempt at every vantage of overstate what they manufacture. I have to think about a great watch company that manufactured affordable watches and did there best to give the product some decency in looks. That company being Timex. There motto was, "it takes a licking and it keeps on ticking", and the fact is, they did. No lies about special materials, Swiss made, etc. They just stated, we will give you a watch that is durable and will tell you the time at a bargain price. Timex did not lie to buyers. They just offered a good product at a reasonable price and never tried to give airs of anything more than they were.

My hat is off to all that have taken Invicta and specifically JS on. Not for beating him up but for possibly through exposure saving good people from throwing away money that many (self included) in this forum did themselves.

I do not usually take great pleasure in anyone losing their job. This however is an exception. JS knew very well all the problems with service at Invicta. He knew very well all the lies the company would state about the product and he himself would state the same lies. Invicta has been misleading buyers from the very beginning and JS has been the head of the cheerleading squad. So yes, I am very happy to see this person taken out of the loop and now can no longer lie to the public about this over rated and over stated brand. Goodbye Jim, you have what you deserve.

Now certainly, not one of us really should believe a thing has changed. They will bring forth yet one more (if not many) false profit's to declare the brand as magnificent. And, they will take in many, many more.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 12th 2011, 1:51pm

Well with all of his spare time he can lurk here and copy our information for his face book page. I just posted that link of his the other day

Zeta male grifter I

t was the "electric watch"! Check it out: http://rondeau.net/movements.html
2 hours ago

1946-2006

Thanks to all

Post by Guest » April 12th 2011, 3:07pm

koimaster wrote:
Gary

Gary, ''long time no see. I hope you stick around and share that knowledge of yours with all of us. The Fora have missed out with you not being on them like back in the day. To the newbies around here, Garwal is one of the long time WIS on forums like Foggy, Eddiea, DX, Boscoe, Mark, Popeye, Don Battles and a few more around here. Just one more person who can share a lot of knowledge with all of us and that is what this is about.

I agree with you about A nobody not having a real impact on Shop sales. He had a following but so does any snakeoil salesman. Now he is posting at facebook mundane comments such " i have a lunch meeting" or I rubbed my tire against the sidewalk or my left testicle was repositioned to the right a 4:03 AM.

You make me feel at home for sure. I have to be honest and say that my burning desire for buying new stuff has expired, so there must be a end to the madness :) The situation is now over 200 in my collection and no burning desire for more. If some of you don't know I took a watch course several years ago and was doing all Orient repairs until last May. I could not keep up with it so I had to let it go. My interest has always been in making a watch better and I spent a lot of time testing and learning how to make improvements in things like lume, which always seemed to be sub par on most. Like some of you I finally got to the point I made some major investment into some real models and find that they do not want to leave my wrist :) I have several favorites and they are Omega Sea master, Boluvia, Hamilton,Seiko, Orient and Eco Drive, quite a spread.
I do want to get back into the swing of things on the forum and see if I can pay forward some of the information I have compiled over the last 20 years.. Thanks again for all the well wishes and I look forward to more time on the site.
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye » April 12th 2011, 3:30pm

take a deep breath....
He was just another in the long line of snake oil salesmen.
No different the the people before and certainly no different then others have mentioned in the OP and the others.

I joined WL because,I wanted to see what the big hub abub about the so called "hater site

I have come to believe the other site is the hater site.The hater of quality and telling the truth about what you are selling.If you make the majority of your stuff in China thats what you need to say.Idiots will still buy and in time,the quality will improve as methods improve.That said doesnt mean either I hate Invicta or dont I own a bunch of them and wear them at work.

There will always be the companies that cut corners to screw people and to make a buck,Invicta isnt the 1st and wont be the last.Just remember when you go thru your local mass merchant discount store.

I work at a place that makes american products that you can go into any hardware store and buy.But,my work also has a plant in china and does send parts there and guess what they label it as?Made in china.. but every single part comes from Oregon... But the customer wants it assembled there...closer to its factory in china... go figure.
Dave

JS was only the puppet for a larger scam!

Post by Guest » April 12th 2011, 6:06pm

OK, I have to admit I have been on JS's ass for quite some time but, it was really about the lies that were being told. Invicta is a cooperation of deception and lies. There is way too much proof out there to really get into a debate about that so, Trolls, don't bother I will not respond to you, AT ALL! How much is JS to blame? No more or less than any hired gun. He was nothing but a tool and when he was used up, he was discarded. Did he lie? Did he deceive? Did he know about the quality issues? Did he set up a forum to combat the truth? Yes to all and more. But again, he was the hired gun to promote the brand at all cost and since he had no character or since of ethics, he did so, earning his pay.
OK, so JS is gone. What does that mean? Has Invicta gone? If not have they changed management and therefore taken on a knew found since of ethics? Not on your life. I guess what I am saying here is it was well worth all of our time's to expose a poser for a Carnival level company. Well, that has been done but, the Carnival and the Con continues. JS has been ditched and is in the ditch. Yes, it is very seductive to give him a deserved kick as we walk past his discarded carcass but, let us not lose sight of the real problem that still exists. That problem of course is a company that has no ethics whatsoever and will continue down the same path that has in fact, made them money! So, the efforts of all to insure there is truth out there by manufactures or at least the buying public makes sure the truth is out there is what we need to continue. Just because JS is gone does not mean Invicta and the Lalo will not come out with some other "incredible and exclusive" deal. They will. Only, without JS. JS is like what is left when a bird of prey finishes off it's kill. Everything on the inside is consumed and used up. The thin skin and fur or feathers are discarded into the wind. When Invicta lies again (and they will) they just need to be taken to task again. So I guess I am surprising myself by saying, let the talk about JS end. Certainly, he earned and deserved every word spoken against him and more! But to continue now is to give him credit that he just is not due. It may take him eons to realize it but, he was just a Lalo pawn. NEVER, ANTHING MORE! And most certainly we will never see him at the pathetic level he once had by appearing often on SLOPnbc. Let him go. Just like a bad habit. IMHO I may not have said much here but I just wanted to get that out. Every word we give to JS is a testament to his existence that he does not deserve. He is GONE! Someone throw the last shovel on the grave and let's move on to something current rather than take time on a DEAD issue. OH, BTW, as any kind of personality, JS is dead. OH, Mini Me, RIP.
:pimpin:
Last edited by Guest on April 13th 2011, 3:51am, edited 1 time in total.
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye » April 13th 2011, 3:45am

i am beginning to think some people cant get over the subject of the OP.HE is gone,HE was nothing more then a Snake Oil salesman like many before him and many that will come.
You rail back and forth on Invicta,Which I am beginning to think it must make you feel good to do so.
We are all adults here and we all must know by now that made in china isnt going away anytime soon.You can as I do to buy american where I can and buy as in our watches buy Euro/swiss watches because we feel they are well made time pieces.

Invictas are cheap,and you always get what you pay for.For heavens sake,havent you heard that before?Its like Invicta or its head snake oil salesman lalo,has personally done you harm.He sold you a piece of crap that you bought.No one else can be blamed, it?You bought it didnt you?No one held a gun to your head to make you buy it did they?
remember the old rule?
buy one piece of crap shame on you
buy 2 shame on me..
damn,rant over invicta its not worth it to me,but hey....
what ever floats your boat.

Post by Guest » April 13th 2011, 4:11am

hawkeye wrote:i am beginning to think some people cant get over the subject of the OP.HE is gone,HE was nothing more then a Snake Oil salesman like many before him and many that will come.
You rail back and forth on Invicta,Which I am beginning to think it must make you feel good to do so.
We are all adults here and we all must know by now that made in china isnt going away anytime soon.You can as I do to buy american where I can and buy as in our watches buy Euro/swiss watches because we feel they are well made time pieces.

Invictas are cheap,and you always get what you pay for.For heavens sake,havent you heard that before?Its like Invicta or its head snake oil salesman lalo,has personally done you harm.He sold you a piece of crap that you bought.No one else can be blamed, it?You bought it didnt you?No one held a gun to your head to make you buy it did they?
remember the old rule?
buy 2 shame on me..

Invicta just does not get off the hook that easy. I own a few quartz Invicta's. None cost over $125 so not much was expected of them and except for one, they have all functioned fine. Movement being Chinese is not that big of a deal since I knew I was not buying much to begin with. But there have been thousands taken in because of lalo lies. The most common example would be charging a premium for a watch clearly marked "Swiss" and the damn thing came from China! The next would be claims of special materials such as diamonds and selling a watch with imitation diamonds. You know as well as everyone that list goes on and on. Certainly as long as Invicta continues to market products using willful deceptions and out and out lies, many are going to continue to Bash. And yes it does make me feel good when Invicta and the Invicta cronies are caught red handed. Just like it makes me feel good to see any crook get caught. From the many posts from several forums I have read stating basically the same thing it seems I have a lot of company in feeling that way.

I had left the forums for quite a while until I found this one. Besides all the great people in here and the candid post that are encouraged, Koi has done quite a bit to expose Invicta with facts not rants. Boscoe has done the same and even challenged Lalo to prove him wrong. Just two of many examples in here of good guys trying to get the truth out. Do I rant about Lalo, his crew and his product? Guilty as charged and the party in subject has asked for every bit of it.
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Seattle » April 13th 2011, 5:04am

You should have started with your last statement "what ever floats your boat" because as you said, We are all adults here Your approval is as valuable as a box of Invicta watches.

hawkeye wrote:i am beginning to think some people cant get over the subject of the OP.HE is gone,HE was nothing more then a Snake Oil salesman like many before him and many that will come.

remember the old rule?
buy 2 shame on me..

Post by Guest » April 13th 2011, 8:50am

Skelton getting the boot is a good thing, however the larger problem IMO is SNBC. If you tune in to an invicta show scam you will hear the same lies and bullshit being told by every other host. Until SNBC is brought down by invicta and their collusion with them, the scam will live on.
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye » April 13th 2011, 4:02pm

Seattle wrote:
You should have started with your last statement "what ever floats your boat" because as you said, We are all adults here Your approval is as valuable as a box of Invicta watches.

remember the old rule?
buy 2 shame on me..

that may be true but i am sure glad there are people like you.must make you feel good and important to belittle someone.
I never claimed Invicta was any good.I just wear what i have to work,where there is alot of physical labor and I work in and around alot of different kinds of oils and chemicals I dont sit on my ass in a office worried about if my pretty little watch is being noticed like some.So you views are are really valuable,I personally dont know what I would do with out them thank you so very much.

Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Seattle » April 13th 2011, 5:13pm

I stand corrected....a box of Invicta watches would be more valuable than your ramblings.

hawkeye wrote:
Seattle wrote:

remember the old rule?
buy 2 shame on me..

that may be true but i am sure glad there are people like you.must make you feel good and important to belittle someone.
I never claimed Invicta was any good.I just wear what i have to work,where there is alot of physical labor and I work in and around alot of different kinds of oils and chemicals I dont sit on my ass in a office worried about if my pretty little watch is being noticed like some.So you views are are really valuable,I personally dont know what I would do with out them thank you so very much.

Post by Guest » April 13th 2011, 11:57pm

hawkeye wrote:[snip] Invictas are cheap,and you always get what you pay for. For heavens sake,havent you heard that before?

Mr. Hawkeye, with Invicta it is often the case you receive much less than you pay for and less than you were promised. There is no way to "do your homework" (another rule of thumb that does not apply) because defects and lies regarding a new model do not become apparent until numerous people have possessed it for some time.

Its like Invicta or its head snake oil salesman lalo,has personally done you harm.He sold you a piece of crap that you bought.

Mr. Eyal Lalo has done many good people on this forum personal harm by prevaricating about the quality of his watches, thereby causing them to expend funds unnecessarily. Also, it is difficult to see so many others being played the fool by the Invicta hyperbole and likewise bilked.

Telling the truth about Invicta is a major goal of WatchLords.

No one else can be blamed, it?You bought it didnt you?No one held a gun to your head to make you buy it did they?

If all Invictas were defective, this logic would apply.

remember the old rule?
buy 2 shame on me..

Which one are you not going to purchase? Which second one, or third or fourth do you know in advance is rubbish, so you do not acquire it? Not all are bad or overpriced, and not every estimable person here has forsworn Invicta.

If I may say so, Mr. Hawkeye, your actions speak louder than your words.

Post by Guest » April 14th 2011, 1:38pm

remember the old rule?
buy 2 shame on me..
[/quote]

Invicta just makes a business of lies and it seems you are forgiving of that to the liars and condem people that counted on some truth in advertising. How about tried and true Timex, Casio, etc. They made watches "for work", if you like but, they did not lie about anything. The proudly sold their product for just exactly what they were and are. They and others have ethics. Invicta does not. As far as your rant about working, you certainly are not the only person on the planet that has expieriance at that. You are just one of billions if not more. I spent 38 years climbing telephone poles, crawling in basements and attacks, and wiring large buildings. Not a behind the desk job. I wore watches that I could afford to lose during all those years on the job. I also wore better watches when off the job. The difference, the lesser watches never made the claims Invicta has and still does. It is all about the lies and deceptions and really, you know that but you still want to blame the buyer for believing a lie instead of the liar. After looking at the many posts about this I remembered a picture I had that really describes those that take a stand for liars.

Last thought, Spell check is a good thing. Try it sometime.

Post by Guest » April 16th 2011, 1:13pm

Thanks for the thread foghorn, some of the best posts I've read here at Watchlords. I buy watches, but I am no collector as evidenced by my excessive purchases at snbc two years ago. However, I,m learning here and starting to put together some decent pieces. My thanks go out to all the real collectors here at WL that are sharing their knowledge with us newbies. Ride on boscoe,and keep the wind at your back. And thanks again foghorn.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”