Skip Connelly -Sharp Dressed Man

OTMF
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Skip Connelly -Sharp Dressed Man

Post by OTMF » March 9th 2011, 8:45pm

We haven't picked on Skip Connelly yet.
I was emailed a thread on WG about Skip's attire.
Governor
Who is The Host on the Shop Tonight with Wing ???
He needs a Dress Shirt or even a Nicer Sport Shirt ... Jacket etc ...
What is up with the T-Shirt ???

TimeOnMySide
Its Skip Connelly. he used to be on the Shop years ago, and has come back. He's very knowledgeable about watches.

cyclops
The OP is correct, looks like Skip skipped dressing for the show tonite

Watch Junkie
Long sleeve button up sweater type shirt with a T- Shirt under it. He could have done a little better but not too shabby. I am waiting on the 48 to 50mm Hydra that will come out soon.

WLLYb
...he really does not know alot about watches, I enjoy all the SNBC hosts, just not a fan of Skip...he has had to be corrected many times by Michael and Larry on past shows because of inaccurate statements!

biggpoppa1
Are you guys serious? Nitpickin what the man is wearing while presenting some watches...what a bunch of fashion queens. Grow a pair already!

Watch Junkie
LOL

cyclops
Wing, sittng next to him is dressed in a suit and tie, Skip who is hosting the show looks out of place. Just an observation, If you went to a sales presentation and the speaker was in jeans and a tee shirt, think the product manager whould be doing back flips. We get threads here regarding polishing cloths, size of presentation boxes, etc.

Chief68
Closed

I think he looks alright, maybe a little casual.
At least his shirt fits, and isn't something outrageous.

Posted in "Geekish Threads".
Last edited by Anonymous on March 9th 2011, 9:16pm, edited 2 times in total.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Skip Connelly -Sharp Dressed Man

Post by conjurer » March 9th 2011, 9:15pm

Skip's OK. While not the fashion plate like jawbone, he's got a wry wit that I enjoy. Case in point: while on JTV about a year ago with the Watch Commander, the WC was doing his tired schtick about the Australian mother-of-pearl dial on one of his watches.
WC: Think of how much it would cost to fly to Australia!
SC: Fourteen thousand dollars.
WC: Fourteen thousand--what? What?

Skip's perhaps the only man on TV shopping who's caught Danny Blair at a loss for words. I want to have his baby.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » March 10th 2011, 7:39am

Noob,

I agree. It's a home shopping channel, not actual broadcasting. Who really cares.

That being noted, Connelly looked like he'd just rolled outta bed.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » March 10th 2011, 8:09am

What, complaints about a host's attire from geeks who are undoubtedly slumped mesmerized in their Big Man sized La-Z- Boys in front of the TV wearing a torn "Larry's Lube Service - ask about our reacharound" wifebeater and Cheetos stained boxers (where they've wiped their hands - "oops, got some on my dick - huh, I'll just let the dog lick it off") with a 64oz. Big Gulp of Pricesaver cherry soda between their legs, a Slim Jim sausage clenched cigar style between their lips, a shining thread of drool in the corner of their mouths, snaking its way down their chins and their splotchy, greasy complexions (from too many Cheetos, Slim Jims and sodas) reflecting the flickering blue light from the TV in the otherwise dark room while the tinny, pleading voices of the priests of their cult fill the doublewide exhorting them to believe and buy. I personally find Skipper's Henley (named after the style worn at the regatta!) quite refreshing and a definite harbinger (I'm sure that's why the Skipster wore it!) of the Spring just around the corner.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » March 10th 2011, 12:47pm

koi,

WGs reminds me of an underground comedy CD that made the rounds more than 15 years ago called "Shut Up, Little Man." The entire album was real; it was recorded by a couple of guys who lived in a dumpy San Francisco apartment building. Their neighbors in the next apartment were a pair of alcoholic old men who cursed each other out, called each other slurs, screamed at the top of their lungs, literally fought each other with fists, and kept people up all hours of the night with their boozed-fueled rantings, screams, and howls. So the poor guys that had to live next door to the monstrous roomies decided to stick a cassette recorder mic into a hole in the wall to tape on cassette all the screaming so they could take the proof to the cops so they could justify noise abatement charges against the neighbors. When they listened back to the tapes, they realized the incredible chaos was hilarious to listen to, so they actually released the screaming and fights on a CD, which has been in print for more than many years. It's easily one of the most entertaining CDs I own.

Listening to those two doomed-to-life guys scream down the hall at one another is at turns hilarious, sad, frightening, revolting, uproarious, sick, and twisted.

Just like WatchGeeks.net.

http://www.shutuplittleman.com/
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Laid_Back_Dude

Post by Laid_Back_Dude » March 11th 2011, 4:52am

Watching Skip on JTV for several year's, he seem's to me to be a scholar & a gentleman compaired to Michael Otis Campbell Davis. If you will....
sandoz

Post by sandoz » March 25th 2011, 3:29am

Mark wrote:I like Skip. Seems like a good guy.
I agree. For once the slop braintrust hired a watch host with a semblance of professionalism. I wonder how that happened. Mustve been an accident.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » April 9th 2020, 12:02pm

I regret to inform all of our members here that Skip Connelly is no longer listed on the ShopHQ website (a couple of the others are gone, too). Shop has moved some people from the soon-to-be-gone Bulldog thing over to the "big show").
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » April 9th 2020, 1:43pm

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 9th 2020, 2:38pm

Re: Skip Connelly
Options

‎03-24-2020 09:48 AM
@Desert Lily wrote:
I love watching Erin and Becky during Wake Up In Style. Erin is naturally funny and down to earth.
Erin is a former Minn Vikings cheerleader. I remember the time when the Beekman goat relieved himself all over Erins lovely red blouse, she handled it like a real trooper.

OK, which of you stupid bastards wrote that??
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » April 10th 2020, 10:07am

Those links are amazing. So many people apparently spend many hours watching home shopping networks, and have lists of favorite hosts.

I need a job selling crap to stupid people.
kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » April 10th 2020, 10:15am

conjurer wrote:
April 9th 2020, 2:38pm
Re: Skip Connelly
Options

‎03-24-2020 09:48 AM
@Desert Lily wrote:
I love watching Erin and Becky during Wake Up In Style. Erin is naturally funny and down to earth.
Erin is a former Minn Vikings cheerleader. I remember the time when the Beekman goat relieved himself all over Erins lovely red blouse, she handled it like a real trooper.

OK, which of you stupid bastards wrote that??

7443fd6bd4167288f27570e9ef31b089.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”