A day in Paris with Longines watches

koimaster
Founder

A day in Paris with Longines watches

Post by koimaster » February 26th 2011, 10:24pm

Swiss watchmaker Longines was an official partner of the French Open at Roland-Garros in 2010. Several events during the tournament were organized to introduce the new Longines Admiral Ceramic wristwatch and promote charity organizations founded by Longines brand ambassadors. Many famous tennis players and movie stars were present during the last weekend of the French Open. Watch-ID.com traveled to Paris to meet the celebrities and their Longines watches.

The Longines Future Tennis Aces tournament

Longines had organized a tournament involving 16 children from all around the world to seek out future tennis champions this year. These young promising players were selected in their respective countries through the various national tennis federations and are among the top players of their age group. The children were coached by Mansour Bahrami, the professional player who set up the Trophée des Légendes, and Tsung-Hua Yang, a promising young Asian player and one of the brand’s ambassadors of elegance. Aleksandra Pospelova from Russia and Jaime Fermosell Delgado from Spain won the competition and will each receive an annual stipend of $2,000 for their equipment from Longines, whose aim is to encourage their future in the world of tennis. They played in an exhibition mixed doubles final on June 6th 2010, with Gustavo Kuerten and Mary Pierce, who both won the Roland-Garros French Open Championship ten years ago. Mansour Bahrami also joined in the exhibition match, with his range of unusual and breathtaking shots making this game an entertaining show.

At the end of the exhibition match, Aleksandra said: “I’m really proud to have won this tournament, which is the first time I’ve played against children from other countries! But the best part was playing with Gustavo against Mary!”

Jaime, who partnered Mary Pierce in the exhibition final, was over the moon and told us; “I managed to win a point against a tennis legend like Gustavo Kuerten with Mary’s help! I shall never forget this experience in Paris! It will make me even more determined to work hard so that, one day, I can come back to Roland-Garros and play as an adult.”

Longines presented a cheque for $100,000 to a special delegation of two children from the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy in Las Vegas for the foundations run by Andre Agassi and Stefanie Graf, two of the brand’s Ambassadors of Elegance.

https://www.watch-id.com/day-paris-long ... elebrities

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”