"Bad news Speedway fans"...Another one bites the dust

OTMF
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

"Bad news Speedway fans"...Another one bites the dust

Post by OTMF » February 24th 2011, 3:26pm

reliefcp 02-24-2011 06:46 PM
Bad news Speedway fans

Well mine is defective now which is too bad because I do like the watch and wanted to give Invicta a try again. I wore it for the first full day today and went for a walk with my dogs so I set the chrono as I always do everyday when I walk. It is doing the same thing as another member had the resetting of the chrono is all over the place.It was fine for a week and I tried the chrono over a dozen times when it first arrived. I have already spoken to CS and its going back tomorrow.

Last edited by Anonymous on February 24th 2011, 6:06pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark

More defects

Post by Mark » February 24th 2011, 3:41pm

Unread Today, 06:46 PM
True WatchGeek

Default Bad news Speedway fans
Well mine is defective now which is too bad because I do like the watch and wanted to give Invicta a try again. I wore it for the first full day today and went for a walk with my dogs so I set the chrono as I always do everyday when I walk. It is doing the same thing as another member had the resetting of the chrono is all over the place.It was fine for a week and I tried the chrono over a dozen times when it first arrived. I have already spoken to CS and its going back tomorrow.
hondaman
Facebook ID: 100000047100636

Re: "Bad news Speedway fans"...Another one bites the dust

Post by hondaman » February 24th 2011, 4:03pm

Mark wrote:Unread Today, 06:46 PM
True WatchGeek

Default Bad news Speedway fans

According to Chief 68 the guy abused his chrono by trying it about a dozen times. Apparently most auto chronographs made by Invicta are only good for about half that amount.
OTMF
Senior Member & WIS

Post by OTMF » February 24th 2011, 5:57pm

And here is yet another one that bites the dust
zulumack 02-24-2011 09:46 PM
there is no way this should be happening again I have not taken the wrapper off or the tag just winding and checking the time . it's going back no more $500 or more invictas just not worth the headache . sweet looking watch what a shame!
TRU-LYE
Senior Member & WIS

Post by TRU-LYE » February 25th 2011, 11:14am

#1 Today, 02:39 PM
Appraiser
Senior Geek Join Date: Jul 2010

My Speedway DD is DOA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got it this morning. It's cold here and I let it warm to room temperature. Got out the instructions. Wound it 30 or so times, set the time and the date and nothing, nothing. The rotar turns as you would expect it to but no second hand action and nothing is moving in the movement from the back. Damn

I shook it just to see if I could get it going that way and still nothing.

Suggestions?

Bill
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » February 25th 2011, 12:12pm

kmt wrote:It looks like those top 10% "Swiss watch Masters" accidentally dipped those chrono hands in soy sauce instead of super glue before trying to randomly adhere them to the dial.

Slippery stuff, that soy sauce.

As of last night, they are not Swiss, just masters (baters???)who are now working on the much-covetted Seiko chrono that is an honor for any human to own

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”