Hello to all from Silent Sam

User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 11th 2011, 9:20am

eddiea wrote:
Rose wrote: if only some of us do a bit more thinking and a bit less reacting.

Like I told SS above... more thinking needs to be done before posting unsubstantiated claims that amounts to crap, not the other way around..... same with the condescending bullshit tone in his posts, warranty to get a reaction every time.


Perhaps my joke is too obscure. Every disclaimer in my post is verbatim from SSam except in the last sentence, which combines two.
User avatar
Guest

I amuse myself and perhaps only myself

Post by Guest » February 11th 2011, 9:33am

Every disclaimer in the paragraph below was copied and pasted from SSam's two posts in this thread except in the last sentence, which repeats one. It could be a person would have to be inside my head to think it funny.

Rose wrote:I am speculating about this and not making any claims and I do not know if it is true, but I do believe there's a possibility, it seems, supposedly at least. We have all seen enough evidence so it stands to reason, obviously, and this should be pretty easy to verify, if only some of us do a bit more thinking and a bit less reacting. I do believe there's a possibility the cow jumped over the moon.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 11th 2011, 8:08pm

Man i was counting the day's till i seen you post here...
I have read your post's and most than anything have enjoyed the heat you take!
User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 12th 2011, 9:22am

I think the owner of OWC is closer to the truth than some might think. Simply substituting the words "unauthorized production" for fake would probably put him spot on.

The Chinese have been mass producing movement parts and watch componants for the Swiss watch making industry for decades. This includes Eta, Swatch, and a host of other Swiss companies. Anyone who has worked in mass production and who is familiar with QC/QC standards and policies, statistics, and production practices understands there are always parts production over runs by necessity. Then there are those lots and sublots which may be rejected due to an unacceptable percentage of of parts which are slightly out of spec on the plus side (too small is always unacceptable. Too big is fixable). Like any other group of shrewd business professionals, the Chinese are not about to waste perfectly usable production. It doesn't take a genious to figure out where quite a few of these unpurchased and unaccepted parts end up.

If the assembly work is carefully done, the resulting unauthorized production movements will be indistinguishable from the authorized ones. Major movement componants are easy to produce and to assemble. Even if slightly less refined, these major parts will function very well unless they are so poorly crafted, the difference can easily be seen by eye. The key is to make sure the escapements are carefully assembled and tuned to Swiss standards. This is where some of the Chinese termiers fail to make the grade. There is no getting around a poorly finished and tuned escapement.

So the average watch buyer will never know where his mass produced Swiss movement/watch comes from unless there is an accuracy and/or a functional problem, nor will he care in most cases. An accurate and reliable watch is just that no matter where it is made. Few people question success.

User avatar
hawkeye

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by hawkeye » February 12th 2011, 5:21pm

Please go back to WG if your gonna to state what you call facts without any proof.. just alot of words without any numbers/links/industry reports to back them up.

You may be able on WG to spew views and try to convince people that its facts without any data to prove it.Which makes it moot.Just because you say its true doesnt mean its true..

prove it and dont do it without the proper evidence.
Last edited by hawkeye on February 13th 2011, 9:47am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 13th 2011, 8:49am

I keep seeing demands like "shut up", "go away", and "where's the proof?" However, I do not see any one of these naysayers offering any solid proof of their own which would disprove or dispell my assessments of today's watch industry and their business practices.

I can sense fear. It tells me some of these folks feel threatened. It tells me my well thought out questions and assessments regarding the industry's claims and business practices are getting very close to the truth. I'm hitting home.

Yet none of these naysayers have yet disproven my thinking and assessments with proof of their own. All I've seen are the same old claims. So all they are doing is reinforcing my skepticism.

It is obvious these naysayers would rather us laymen remain docile and trusting like cattle. I won't. I can think. I can exercise my right to question and to doubt. I can see with my own eyes the emperor is naked. I can spot a scam artist who is hawking invisible clothes. All I have to do is be willing to see what is obvious to a small child.

You want me to shut up? Show me some solid proof I'm not very close to the truth. Otherwise, piss off. I'm going to go right on questioning and digging. Screw you if you don't like it.

To those of us who are willing to think for ourselves: go right on questioning. It's your right. Make them prove to you they are not trying to cover up the truth. Don't let these fools shut you up with their own hollow tired old BS.
Last edited by Guest on February 13th 2011, 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 10647
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by eddiea » February 13th 2011, 9:21am

silent sam wrote:I keep seeing demands like "shut up", "go away", and "where's the proof?" However, I do not see any one of these naysayers offering any solid proof of their own which would disprove or dispell my assessments of today's watch industry and their business practices.


Allow me to remind you, that it is totally expected of you (or any OP), to post within a resonable factual scope...the burden is not on us to disprove you but for you to proof what you are stating...in the mean time, folks will naturally question your statements, until then, we call bullshit and in continue posting, adding nothing new other than endless more of the same verbatim , just for the sake of having the last word, is doing nothing more that, sinking you into the discredibility realm in the forum.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 45817
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by koimaster » February 13th 2011, 10:06am

silent sam wrote:I keep seeing demands like "shut up", "go away", and "where's the proof?" However, I do not see any one of these naysayers offering any solid proof of their own which would disprove or dispell my assessments of today's watch industry and their business practices.


This is watchlords where speculation is fine, but when you make broad comments about a company using certain components or the like, proof is required or a lot of supporting evidence. We have called out long time members for not doing so. No exception here.


I can sense fear. It tells me some of these folks feel threatened. It tells me my well thought out questions and assessments regarding the industry's claims and business practices are getting very close to the truth. I'm hitting home.

You have some WIS in this forum that have been around a long time. No one here is afaid of what you post. You give yourself too much credit.

Yet none of these naysayers have yet disproven my thinking and assessments with proof of their own. All I've seen are thge same old claims. So all they are doing is reinforcing my scepticism.

The burden of proof is on your shoulders to support your claims. Not on us.

It is obvious these naysayers would rather us laymen remain docile and trusting like cattle. I won't. I can think. I can exercise my right to question and to doubt. I can see with my own eyes the emperor is naked. I can spot a scam artist who is hawking invisisble clothes. All I have to do is be willing to see what is obvious to a small child.

You want me to shut up? Show me some solid proof I'm not very close to the truth. Otherwise, piss off. I'm going to go right on questioning and digging. Screw you if you don't like it.

WTF?? No oneis attempting to stop you from investigating claims made by Invicta or any other company but I will repeat this one last time more politely then AH or others might respond, provide proof of your statements with claims such as these. You may very well be correct but provide at least a bit of factual evidence to lay your allegation on.

To those of us who are willing to think for ourselves: go right on questioning. It's your right. Make them prove to you they are not trying to cover up the truth. Don't let these fools shut you up with their own hollow tired old BS.


:hhji:
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
Tzimisces

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Tzimisces » February 13th 2011, 10:55am

You post a theory, that you yourself say
I was and still am speculating about this matter myself. I was and still am not making any claims whether it is true or not.

and when people reasonably ask for actual evidence rather than your deductions, you post this:

You want me to shut up? Show me some solid proof I'm not very close to the truth. Otherwise, piss off. I'm going to go right on questioning and digging. Screw you if you don't like it.

You made the claim, genius. You prove it. I don't give a shit whether you are "close to the truth" or not, nor do I give a shit whether you dig or not.

Grow up.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 13th 2011, 2:06pm

The evidence of my assertion that the Swiss watch industry is largely depending on foreign made parts and componants is found right in the Swiss watch federation's definition of what a Swiss made watch or movement is, i.e. that of which 51% of the VALUE of the parts are made in Switzerland. All it takes to fit the defintion is a few small parts with highly inflated, arbitrary values. A child could figure out this one.

Considering all the Swiss made watches and movements sold world wide each year, it doesn't take a genious to realize there aren't enough people in the whole damned country to make them all. There are only if you include the Chinese and all the rest of the foreign labor the Swiss depend on.

As a consumer and not a professional, a WIS, a woosie, or a whiny wonk, I don't need to provide any proof to back up my skepticism. Let the industry and all their watch hawking henchmen back up their claims. Let them come forward with some clarity. They are the ones with their hands out for our money. Otherwise, kiss my fuzzy pink patunia. Momma raised no fools.

As for disproving Invicta's claims, that one set me to laughing. How much more proof do we need? Geez, talk about big eyed trusting baby seals. Wow. :bonk: Image
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 20120
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by foghorn » February 13th 2011, 2:20pm

" A child could figure out this one"

Apparently one thinks he did.



"it doesn't take a genious to realize there aren't enough people in the whole ...."

You are proof of that and you spelled genius wrong,genius.


"Otherwise, kiss my fuzzy pink patunia. "


You spelled petunia wrong also


Your posts are getting increasingly insipid. Same weak crap with a few different words. But you are known for that at more than one venue.
I now relegate you to Ignore.













User avatar
DX
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 1392
Joined: November 6th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by DX » February 13th 2011, 2:26pm

foghorn wrote:" A child could figure out this one"

Apparently one thinks he did.



"it doesn't take a genious to realize there aren't enough people in the whole ...."

You are proof of that and you spelled genius wrong,genius.


"Otherwise, kiss my fuzzy pink patunia. "


You spelled petunia wrong also


Your posts are getting increasingly insipid. Same weak crap with a few different words. But you are known for that at more than one venue.
I now relegate you to Ignore.















Agreed!
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 10647
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by eddiea » February 13th 2011, 2:48pm

DX wrote:
foghorn wrote:" A child could figure out this one"

Apparently one thinks he did.
"it doesn't take a genious to realize there aren't enough people in the whole ...."
You are proof of that and you spelled genius wrong,genius.
"Otherwise, kiss my fuzzy pink patunia. "
You spelled petunia wrong also
Your posts are getting increasingly insipid. Same weak crap with a few different words. But you are known for that at more than one venue.
I now relegate you to Ignore.


Agreed!


Sadly.....It seems is no other choice.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 13th 2011, 3:01pm

Dig this (dweebs, gotta pat their pointed li'l heads I guess). Here are some factoids to ponder. These figures can easily be verified by anyone with a computer and a working brain. Do your own homework here. I did mine.

The 2005 population of Switzerland was 7,459,100. Approximately 3/5 were of working age. 24.3 million Swiss made watches were exported in 2005 (8% of the gross national product from manufactured machinery and other similar products). This does not include all the exported Swiss made movements (god only knows how many of them were made). Eta makes more movements than all the other Swiss movement manufacturers combined by a wide margin.

I'll let you all do the math. Careful now. Don't strain your brains and hurt yourselves. I'll let foghorn do my spell checking. He seems to get off on that.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth." --from A Few Good Men

Do I hear an AMEN!!! Yeaaaayas!!! Praise the lord chillins. :bounce:
Last edited by Guest on February 13th 2011, 3:27pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 45817
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by koimaster » February 13th 2011, 4:24pm

http://www.fhs.ch/en/statistics.php

Somehow you remind me of Jim Skelton. You fail to take into account how many facilites most of these companies have to produce movments. You fail to take into account that most reputable watch companies do not have Asian assembly plants for watches designated as Swiss Made but will use companies in Asia, using Swiss employees to build certain movements NOT designated Swiss Made. They are not Florida based companies.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
Guest

Re: Hello to all from Silent Sam

Post by Guest » February 13th 2011, 7:15pm

silent sam wrote:Here are some factoids to ponder.


A factoid is something that sounds true, but isn't.

Well done on all your factoids.

You're trying too hard. Just relax a bit, and don't get so defensive.

Post Reply

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest