Trolls and their agenda

koimaster (Online)
Founder

Trolls and their agenda

Post by koimaster » January 11th 2011, 3:40pm

do not fall into the trap they laid. This was an organized attempt to disrupt this forum.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/611311/

http://www.wickedwatercooler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Trolls and their agenda

Post by dude » January 11th 2011, 4:25pm

Oh, I was especially entertained by the 'Junior Member" clause . . .

Wicked Water Cooler General Registration Rules

Before being approved as a Wicked Water Cooler Member and being able to post un-moderated, meaning that your posts appear on the board without approval by a moderator. A trial period is required for us to get to know you as a Junior Wicked Water Cooler Member during which period your posts will be moderated and will require approval by the moderators and/or forum owners before appearing on the discussion board. There is no set time for this trial period as it varies from person to person. We just want everyone who lurk and participate on WickedWaterCooler.com to have a trouble free and enjoyable time.

In order to get your junior membership application approved for WickedWaterCooler.com a verifiable e-mail address and phone number must be supplied. Once your registration has been completed please send your phone number by e-mail at [email protected] and the best time to reach you. Registrations and post made by Junior Wicked Water Cooler Member from or by a proxy server or browser risk not being approved, this is left at the sole discretion of the forum owners and moderators.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » January 11th 2011, 4:42pm

These douchebags have telegraphed themselves pretty much from day one.
The biggest mistake is to get into a pissing contest with them. This is where they excel against most members.
If they are dismissed as the minor irritants that they actually are they may very well go away. They need fuel to be effective and too many members are giving it to them.
Ditchdoc

Post by Ditchdoc » January 11th 2011, 4:51pm

Horseshit!!!

What a bunch of losers. Tons of threads with no substance. "How many are on blood pressure meds?" Really?

No set time for this "jr. member" status?

Ban those douchebags! I'm as against banning and censorship as anyone. Hell, that's how I got here but this is rediculous. Even free speech has its limits. I wouldn't care if the disagreed with us on every single thing but these guys got together and decided to come here just to fuck things up. Granted, I don't think they stand a chance at succeeding but we shouldn't have to suffer this type of forum abuse just because we all like free speech and self moderation.

This part of the self moderation team says ban their sorry asses.
Ditchdoc

Post by Ditchdoc » January 11th 2011, 4:57pm

foghorn wrote:These douchebags have telegraphed themselves pretty much from day one.
The biggest mistake is to get into a pissing contest with them. This is where they excel against most members.
If they are dismissed as the minor irritants that they actually are they may very well go away. They need fuel to be effective and too many members are giving it to them.

Most members here can piss with the best of these forum misfits. I've not seen any sign of wit or intelligence from these guys. I don't think many will sit back and let them shit on this forum and not say anything. I won't ignore everything they say especially if its attacking a member known to me or questioning the credibility of this forum. If there is no back-up from other members, so be it.
waynebaker06

Post by waynebaker06 » January 11th 2011, 7:19pm

Ditchdoc wrote:Horseshit!!!

What a bunch of losers. Tons of threads with no substance. "How many are on blood pressure meds?" Really?

Ban those douchebags! I'm as against banning and censorship as anyone. Hell, that's how I got here but this is rediculous. Even free speech has its limits. I wouldn't care if the disagreed with us on every single thing but these guys got together and decided to come here just to fuck things up. Granted, I don't think they stand a chance at succeeding but we shouldn't have to suffer this type of forum abuse just because we all like free speech and self moderation.

+1, show them the door.
foghorn

Post by foghorn » January 11th 2011, 8:03pm

waynebaker06 wrote:

+1, show them the door.

Yup. Play right into the obvious plan.
Let it be known that WL is not as tolerant as they claim to be.
We (I hope) are better than that and have enough dedication,gumption,wit,and wherewithal to show our belief that a few idiots can't ruin our forum.
If not just put them on ignore. Getting pissed and posting pissed and then banning means they win.
Anyways,and this is just me-its a nice diversion from Invicta and JS bullshit.
Aqua Homer
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Aqua Homer » January 11th 2011, 8:23pm

Not sure where I stand on this issue to be honest. I can bang with the best of them, and will take all-comers. However, when they make an organized, concerted attempt to disrupt us, and furthmore, make daily participation on this forum a chore, I think I may side with Ken on this one.
Darksider
Founder

Post by Darksider » January 11th 2011, 8:33pm

Well blame me on this one. They are gone and not coming back. When my inbox fills up twice in a couple of days with complaints from long time members who can take these guys on but are worried about the effect on the forum, the chore falls to me, distasteful as it may be.

I have had two threats emailed to me today so what the fuck.

Quotes from the fake naval aviator misterjingles. Not a pilot, or 9/11 survivor.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » January 11th 2011, 9:07pm

How wicked can the watercooler be if the junior members are on training wheels? The trolls don't really bother me too much. It is and should be up to Alain and Noob to determine their fate. Whatever you guys do is good with me.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Ditchdoc

Post by Ditchdoc » January 12th 2011, 5:23am

foghorn wrote:
waynebaker06 wrote:

+1, show them the door.

Yup. Play right into the obvious plan.
Let it be known that WL is not as tolerant as they claim to be.
We (I hope) are better than that and have enough dedication,gumption,wit,and wherewithal to show our belief that a few idiots can't ruin our forum.
If not just put them on ignore. Getting pissed and posting pissed and then banning means they win.
Anyways,and this is just me-its a nice diversion from Invicta and JS bullshit.

I understand what your saying Fog but we shouldn't have to ignore these assholes. I really don't think they're going to get bored and just go away. Give me a shout when the maid's tiddied up.
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Post by dude » January 12th 2011, 10:11am

Agh. I bit hard on their shit. Like I shared with one of esteemed members . . . 5 decades on this earth and I'm still learning. Tsk,Tsk. Shame on me.

Not going to happen again. These cats can behave as badly as they want, I need to keep my head straight and in the game.

DBCooper
Watchlord WIS

Post by DBCooper » January 12th 2011, 10:59am

foghorn wrote:These douchebags have telegraphed themselves pretty much from day one.

I agree with this. However it would take everyone of us to make it work. Maybe one of the Watchlord vets could drop a troll codeword for stfu. Then they would look like morons running off at the mouth to themselves.
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
CA Crew

Post by CA Crew » January 12th 2011, 11:40am

The other night, a troll jumped in the middle of a good thread on a watch forum. I was mad and waited for the blow-up. Nadda/zip/nothing. He could have been writing in invisible ink.

It'd be sweet to see the next troll wanna-be talking to himself. And 3 or 4 of them, amusing themselves with their inside jokes? Hah!

koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 12th 2011, 1:09pm

DBCooper wrote:. Maybe one of the Watchlord vets could drop a troll codeword for stfu. Then they would look like morons running off at the mouth to themselves.

I have one. STFU would work

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”