"FUGLY" takes on a whole new meaning.......

"FUGLY" takes on a whole new meaning.......

Post by Guest » September 30th 2010, 7:31am

On my daily cruise.........this discreption of the beloved Bolt..................

Invicta 6940 Bolt Reserve Collection Swiss Made Chronograph Tachymeter Black IP Flame Fusion Crystal 200M Mens Watch
$259
Ending In 11:37:08It's never too early to start thinking about Halloween costumes. Get this handsome Invicta Bolt Reserve Collection Watch featuring Swiss Made Chronograph Movement, a Flame Fusion Crystal and 200 Meters of Water Resistance! Today only, it's yours for just $259 including a FREE Platinum 5 Year Extended Warranty!

"Nate, are you coming to my Halloween Party next month?"

"You betcha, Ashley. I've already got my costume. I'm going as Frankenstein's monster."

"Sweet. What are you wearing? Green face paint and torn clothes? Maybe a few bolts coming out of your neck?"

"Not exactly. I'm wearing a Bolt Reserve Collection watch, though."

"You mean, in addition to green face paint and bolts on your neck, right?"

"Nope. Just a Bolt Reserve Collection watch with Swiss Made Chronograph Movement and a Flame Fusion crystal."

"But Nate, that's not really a costume at all."

"So what? Cat-ears, body glitter and some slutty fishnet stockings isn't a costume either, but that's you've been wearing for the past two years!"

"Hey! I worked very hard on my 'Sexy Cat' and 'Sexy Kitten' costumes! Take that back!"

"I'm sorry, Ashley. I take it back. I just hate dressing up on Halloween!"

"Maybe I can help, Nate. Why don't you wear your new watch, but take off your shirt and spray some green body glitter on your chest!"

"Why? What kind of costume is that?"

"Sexy Frankenstein, of course!"

Geez.........after all these years........this pretty much sums up Invicta.....sad..........but VERY funny.......... Image
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS

Re: "FUGLY" takes on a whole new meaning.......

Post by DBCooper » September 30th 2010, 12:52pm

Thats actually what it says at invictashark.com LMAO.
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bbattle » August 31st 2020, 6:21pm

koimaster wrote:
August 31st 2020, 4:28pm
Now there's a conversation starter!

"hey, mate! What the fuck is that on your arm?"

Oh, you noticed my new watch!

"Noticed it? I thought I might have to beat it off your arm and hack it to death. That's some ugly motherfucking watch! Damn!"

Me mum got it for me birthday! I think it's cool!

"Oh. Well, there's no accounting for taste, is there?"

Try and get that much from your new Rolex. Apart from the usual: "so, where'd you get that Polex? Or is it a Fauxlex? <snicker snicker>"
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by AlbertaTime » August 31st 2020, 7:53pm

A perfect example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Ugly, yup.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”