A Watchmaker gave a WG his opinion of Invicta today

Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Facebook ID: 0

A Watchmaker gave a WG his opinion of Invicta today

Post by Horse Feathers » September 16th 2010, 2:22pm

This thread is classic. The "watchmaker" opinion they are holding so highly stated the watch is good quality but he should convert the bracelet from friction pins to screws. When others doubted his creditability based on this suggestion it was stated that he thought Invicta would have a kit. Yeah sure, your lucky to get a link or a screw (no pun intended)

It's funny, when a post that contains a Jewelers negative thoughts its immediately viewed as biased and if it gains momentum the usual boys are sent in to start a fight and get it closed for TOS violations.

This thread will go for days. They dont want to hear that their "collection" has no value and their weekly joy of buying a new watch is foolish. Here they have someone who they believe is knowledgeable and independent so they get to swell their chests a bit. I bet this guy sees him as a potential target to sell something big and shiny to

============================================================================

A Watchmaker gave me his opinion of Invicta today
This morning I had some time to kill in between appointments, so I checked out a couple of Jewelry stores to see what was out there. The resident watchmaker at one of the establishments inquired about my time piece, it was the Invicta SAN III 7750 with the white perforated dial. He seemed very surprised by it as soon as I handed it over to him, when I asked him what was wrong he said that he was taken back a little by the watch. He said he had never given Invicta any consideration since they were mainly an infomercial brand. After examining it further with his loop, he said it was surprisingly of high quality and well made. He also said the only corners that were cut as far as he could tell was the use of friction pins on the bracelet and suggested I have it converted to a screw system.

This is now the fifth conversation like this I have had with Jewelers or watchmakers in the last year or so. Other models spoken well of were my invicta Sea Rover (stainless with black dial) and Ocean Reef (two tone stainless and black with blue dial) and lastly my Renato T REX Diver (black/orange) with Ronda 5040f busy dial, and the 7750 version (black/orange). It's always nice to hear from those in the profession of selling and repairing watches and their honest opinion of the watches that I've bought from the shop.

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Ditchdoc

Re: A Watchmaker gave a WG his opinion of Invicta today

Post by Ditchdoc » September 16th 2010, 4:09pm

Bussiness as usual on fantasy island. They're all fighting to be tatoo, JS's lil buddy.

I used to believe that it was just the mgt at WG's. Now that so much has been exposed and proven about Invicta, I must conclude that they are all a bunch of dumb fucks.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 16th 2010, 7:49pm

Gotta tell ya...I read stuff like that and it just make the top of my head fly off.

I do not understand this blind brand loyalty to IWG. Never have, never will. It's so beyond crazy.

Any chance that some WG posts are planted, so that the audience that IWG is striving to get will just magpie and create a sense of false excitement?

After all...that's "marketing."
Now found at bestdamnwatchforum.

Post by Guest » September 16th 2010, 8:04pm

First of all, what do expect a small biz owner to say? of course he is going to complement his customers watch.............HE WANTS TO KEEP CUSTOMERS......even if involves "streaching" the truth.........I believe the post....unfortunately, the OP doesnt realize this basic sales technique.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » April 23rd 2021, 7:53pm

WG was ground zero for repetitious implausible claims about their favorite timepiece. The most common perhaps being the even trade offered by some wrist-grabbing Rolex owner whose scales had fallen from his eyes in the presence of the invicter.

Following that were myths regarding the avaricious glances from super models at the local roadhouse.

Then there were the heroic tales proudly representing the product to some unwashed cretin at the battery changing kiosk. And on at least one occasion going postal using a blunt force invicter on a jeweler’s display case.

And of course the strained glowing reports from distinguished members of the watchmaking community.

Any of the above granted instant acceptance while the far more common “hands fell off” or the evergreen “misaligned chrono hand” got one called out as an abusive user.

All in all it isn’t missed.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”