"How Invicta and Jim saved my life"

Re: "How Invicta and Jim saved my life"

Post by Guest » August 29th 2010, 1:56pm

BigCheez wrote:Foggy, I have no idea whether this particular guy is a BSer, but I fell for the line once and gave a guy a watch after a particularly heart-wrenching story of unemployment due to disability, wife wouldn't let him buy, etc.

Less than a week after he got my watch, he "went on a roll" and posted a half dozen brand new watches in "Look what I got" over the next few months.

Either he hit the lotto or there were more suckers than me falling for his BS.

Karma, Do unto others, Blah...Blah...Blah! You will get yours Big Cheese and asswipes like that S.O.B. will get his. Theres nothing shameful about being sympathetic.

If the guys story is legit I feel for him too. If it is a WG ploy, Oh Well it's just another turd in their Shit Foundation holding up that big kernal of Yellow Corn!
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1043975795

Post by Bigjimzlll » August 29th 2010, 2:08pm

I did the same thing a couple of times....What got me off that game is when one of the mokes had the balls to list one for sale a couple of weeks after I gave it to him. Saying how it was in new condition. For the same price it was on the shop...Never again...
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » August 29th 2010, 3:08pm

neddles,

The place was never a true horological site - I mean, look at the caliber of people running it - but when it first began, at least people could argue the merits of a brand; I know I posted a lot of anti-Invicta stuff and I never really got called on it. Now, people are being banned left and right for just agreeing with someone who is considered "negative," or for posting on other blogs. It also seemed to have a more open and breezy tone until Lalo's minion's "bought" the place.

Honestly, koi is the only person I've found online that has the right idea - good lord, this is watches were are talking about. Anytime a sponsor gets involved, stuff gets pushed under the rugs or transparently forgotten about or ignored. It's really no different than with newspapers and magazines, they can't help themselves. Find, say, The New York Post criticizing a FOX TV program. Oh, that's right, it'll never happen - they're the same company. Same with sports networks like YES in New York; when Yankees stars are, say, involved in steroid controversies, the announcers there always either neglect to mention what's going on or bury the lead so far it's comical. So as soon as Lalo's beady-eyed stare started appearing on the front page, WG became Invicta Or Die Site. now it's populated by kooks and a lot of simps, and you have people like Davis online with a straight face saying stuff like "Rolex is overrated." WGs yell, "yay, Michael." But then again, that's the audience IWG is trying to cultivate.

Jeez, this stuff gets easy to figure out once you really think about it - Rolex and Omega advertise at high end world sporting events, advertise in glossy magazines, and are sold only in fine stores. IWG stuff is sold primarily on a home shopping network where the audience apparently never refers to a book or newspaper. So? They attract customers who fall for every BS line by Skelton, Sommerstein, and Davis without researching anything at all - such as, sadly, those amazing MSRPs.

In other words, IWG has created their own customer base of pure suckers.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Post by Guest » August 30th 2010, 3:08am

I say fuck this jerk, hope he dies in a firery car crash. turd stories are cheap...........I have no remorse for any of these low income carp fishing kno-nothings.....viva che guevara.........
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 30th 2010, 7:00am

nomo,

You know I'm a fan of yours, but jeez, that's over the line. Disagree all you want, but wish ill on no one.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Post by JtN© » August 30th 2010, 11:19am

As has been said above this is the exact sort of people that home shopping networks target as there core customers. Internet forums such as WatchGeeks are also places where there are a large amounts of socially rejected and mentally challenged/handicapped people find and call home.

Both the nice people on the television and the friendly people on the forums is there connection to the outside world. They need that connection with people who are of like mind and situations since they will offer the pity and the pat on the head to console them and make them feel special. People like this are truly sad parts of our society who really need a swift kick in the ass to become an active participating and contributing member of society.

Seriously if this person is in such bad shape how the hell can he afford internet connection and cable/satellite television service? Seriously just think a second ... how can he afford that or even afford a Once Only on a $65 Invicta Pro-Diver with 6 Value Pays and FREE shipping?

Most type as they speak and speak as they type, can you imagine this person interacting with anyone in normal day society? Even a below average high school freshman repeating 8th grade for the 7th time can communicate with the world better than he. Seriously folks this is the typical person that infomercials, home shopping networks and most sponsored and heavily moderated forums prey upon.

Ask yourselves this simple question, if his lack of even basic 4th or 5th grade grammar and spelling is that poor do you think that possibly his wife realized that she could easily do better and might have? Children are also products of there parents and if the kids are as screwed up as he is saying that did not happen overnight but they have been shaping and forming to the way they are now since the first days of there lives. He has only himself and his wife to blame for how there children are. How sad it really is to have Jim Skelton, Eyal Lalo, Invicta and ShopNBC to be the special thing that bonds daddy and son, how truly sad that is.

I dont know but just thinking of this guy makes me want to lobby and vote for public mercy euphemization programs to help our society rid itself of truly inferior DNA.

Post by Guest » August 30th 2010, 11:39am

Second to last paragraph, you used the word THEY instead of the word THE Last sentence of the same paragraph you used the word THERE. When you want to imply possession you spell the word THEIR. We all make mistakes.
sandoz

Post by sandoz » August 30th 2010, 1:19pm

Comparing JTN's minor T mixups to OG's linguistic disaster doesnt diminish what i think are some accurate observations he made about oceanghost. Add to this koi's noting that this guy started the "jill is hot" post and my own feeling that pulling his son into his dark place isnt good fathering and ill reserve my sympathy for now. BTW, lest anyone think that the guy isnt getting enough sympathy, Jim S has already jumped on this thing applauding himself and expressing great joy that he and invicta helped the guy out. By selling him watches????

Post by Guest » August 30th 2010, 1:47pm

I agree with JtN's assessment of oceanghost39 as I joked about him in a previous post. If his life is so empty that he thinks Invicta saved it he soon will find out otherwise. A person this deeply depressed only gets shortlived bouts of joy, usually from material objects. When the Invicta high is gone he'll probably blow his brains out. The spelling analogy was meant to show that his wife left him for being a fucking loser not his bad grammer, and to give Jtn a chuckle.
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » August 30th 2010, 3:53pm

Bigjimzlll wrote:Skelton actually acknowledged the post? He didn't say you're welcome did he....lol What a bafoon.

Per JS "Thank you for sharing such a deeply personal story. I am very glad to hear that our show has helped you find a common interest with your son, and allows you to enjoy somehting that has helped to strengthen your relationship"

Ocean Ghost had a follow-up post later in the thread

"Thanks for all the support. I wasn't asking for watches haha. Just letting my
story out and tell you how i started thanks to Jim, Eyel, and All the watch Geeks. Me and Zach are Strenthining up but thank you so much and it means alot that al of you care and support uss so much."

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™

Post by Guest » August 31st 2010, 3:30am

Jesus H...I don't know what to think about this one! Either a shout out for sympathy or sucking up to Skully. If watching Skully and Co. takes him out of his doldrums, there's a lot to be said for this character.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”